Singapore Expats Forum

Just got the PR in principle

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Jean1

Just got the PR in principle

Postby Jean1 » Wed, 11 May 2005 5:11 pm

Hi guys,

I am granted in principle approval for PR in Singapore. Of course I can apply for a job now, but seems a bit complicate if I want to get the confirmed PR even I get a job.

They are asking for a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction issed by the Government that I came from, and also need to have a medical report.

Is anyone out there got a PR and they were also required the same thing?

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Wed, 11 May 2005 5:16 pm

I am not PR but I have friends that are (BTW they are just normal people like you and I) and this is standard proceedure.

Go to your embassy for the Criminal Record letter and any GP can do the tests for you.

BTW congratulations :wink:

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 11 May 2005 8:47 pm

Yes, I went through the same procedure and after the PR approved In Principle, I had to go to a GP here to get checked for a medical report. The criminal report was already included in my application on beforehand.

Congratulations by the way!

Eric

Jean1

Postby Jean1 » Thu, 12 May 2005 9:53 pm

Thanks guys!

Jean1

Postby Jean1 » Thu, 12 May 2005 9:54 pm

By the way, how much do they charge for body check and medical report for a non-residence (not yet)?

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 13 May 2005 2:16 pm

If I recall well, I paid about 50 Sing for the medical report, and another 30 Sing for the X-ray or so.

Eric

vielendank

Postby vielendank » Fri, 13 May 2005 6:22 pm

Hi, the medical check up for SIR cost 57,75 (express result in 2 days) or 47,75 (result 5 days) in medical clinic nearby Peace Centre.

Jean1 wrote:By the way, how much do they charge for body check and medical report for a non-residence (not yet)?

Jean1

Postby Jean1 » Sun, 15 May 2005 10:16 am

Hi Eric from the Netherlands and vielendank,

Does the price you mentioned include the HIV test as well? I can go to and GP for HIV test?

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sun, 15 May 2005 11:50 am

Hi Jean,

Yes, it included the HIV test, the GP will take your blood and send it to laboratory, so the GP is more or less your one stop shop, so to speak.

Eric

Postby Guest » Mon, 16 May 2005 3:25 pm

why so expensive guys, I only paid 12$ for x-ray and 18$ for blood test Kovan centre