Singapore Expats Forum

US Graduates finding a job in spore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

syalala

US Graduates finding a job in spore

Postby syalala » Wed, 11 May 2005 10:35 am

Hi, I am graduating from a well-known university in US with a bachelor degree in biochemistry. I am an Indonesian though and we, Indonesians never need a visa when entering singapore. Do i need special visa to work in spore? Is there a lot jobs offered in spore?

Thank you

Postby Guest » Wed, 11 May 2005 11:07 am

You'll need employment pass to work in singapore just like US. Local company will have to sponsor you and you'll need to get paid at least S$2500.

As far as job goes, I think it is not impossible but hard. Especially for a fresh grad, but no harm in trying.

Good Luck

zuijiadeai

Re: US Graduates finding a job in Singapore

Postby zuijiadeai » Sun, 15 May 2005 7:18 pm

syalala wrote:Hi, I am graduating from a well-known university in US with a bachelor degree in biochemistry. I am an Indonesian though and we, Indonesians never need a visa when entering singapore. Do i need special visa to work in Singapore? Is there a lot jobs offered in Singapore?

Thank you

Hi syalala, I'm from Indo as well, now working in Singapore. You can come to Singapore and apply the job here. If the company accept you then they will process your EP Employment pass. Why not working in US since salary there is higher? Drop me email if you want more infos zuijiadeai@yahoo.com.

Re: US Graduates finding a job in Singapore

Postby Guest » Sun, 15 May 2005 7:26 pm

syalala wrote:Hi, I am graduating from a well-known university in US with a bachelor degree in biochemistry. I am an Indonesian though and we, Indonesians never need a visa when entering singapore. Do i need special visa to work in Singapore? Is there a lot jobs offered in Singapore?

Thank you

there isnt too many jobs for ppl like you but there ARE certainly jobs for you to work here... try biopolis at buona vista as it is the bio-chem hub or jurong island for the oil processing hub.