Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for hot guys

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
maya

Looking for hot guys

Postby maya » Tue, 10 May 2005 10:10 pm

hey people
unfortunately i have resorted to using this forum, for the simple reason that everything else has failed!!!! there is no one half decent around. i am constantly surrounded by sad, really boring people
so here i am on the lookout for HOT!!! preferably french, italian, spanish and mexican men ONLY!!!!!!. other nationalities dont even bother.

please tell me there are some of you around.

age group for the frenchies and italionos- 20 to 24
spanish and mexcian men 27- 32

firstly like handsome men, goood witty conversationalist, sporty, dancing is important, good food and lots of other things but dont want to scare you guys away
so come on and apply now!!!!!

trina01

Re: looking for hot guys.......

Postby trina01 » Tue, 10 May 2005 11:23 pm

maya wrote:hey people
there is no one half decent around.

Think it would be difficult to find decent guys from here who match your nationality requirement.

The only Italian I met here only gives women heartache so please be careful.

Buona fortuna!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 May 2005 11:32 pm

SPG ALERT!

SPG

Postby SPG » Wed, 11 May 2005 12:04 am

trina01 wrote:
there is no one half decent around.

Think it would be difficult to find decent guys from here who match your nationality requirement.

The only Italian I met here only gives women heartache so please be careful.

Buona fortuna!

May we know to whom you are referring to, so we could avoid the misfortune?

Guest :)

Postby Guest :) » Wed, 11 May 2005 12:52 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:SPG ALERT!

SPG? what is it?

Postby Guest » Wed, 11 May 2005 1:15 am

Sarong Party Girl / Singapore Party Girl

meaning = dates only foreigners... no local guys..

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Postby queenie-me » Wed, 11 May 2005 1:24 am

unfortunately i have resorted to using this forum, for the simple reason that everything else has failed!!!! there is no one half decent around. i am constantly surrounded by sad, really boring people
so here i am on the lookout for HOT!!! preferably french, italian, spanish and mexican men ONLY!!!!!!. other nationalities dont even bother.

please tell me there are some of you around.

age group for the frenchies and italionos- 20 to 24
spanish and mexcian men 27- 32

firstly like handsome men, goood witty conversationalist, sporty, dancing is important, good food and lots of other things but dont want to scare you guys away
so come on and apply now!!!!!

Where do you come from? Jupiter??? and What kind of a KID, are you? Why don't you go to France or Italy or Spain to get your male hotties. Cause' male hotties here are taken from female hotties. (If you doesn't notice!) Not saying that you're SPG, but you're DESPERATE. goodness girl, these men ain't here to apply some register form to date anyone.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Postby queenie-me » Wed, 11 May 2005 1:30 am

LOOK HONEY, IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH ANY SINGAPOREAN GIRLS TO DATE ANY FOREIGNERS THEN PLEASE MIGHT AS WELL, GET YOURSELF A GIRLFRIEND (which I figure out vietnamese ladies are interested!!)

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, MAYBE YOU SHOULD START CALLING THEM WOMAN INSTEAD OF SPG.

trina01

Postby trina01 » Wed, 11 May 2005 1:33 am

Anonymous wrote:Sarong Party Girl / Singapore Party Girl

1) Could a caucasian lady be a SPG?

2) I am an Australian so supposing i date a foreigner, does that make me a SPG?

If the answer is no to question 1 but yes to question two, then I would suggest the label is racial in nature. Also, if the answer to (1) is no, the answer to (2) should be no too. Furthermore, if I were to be labelled a SPG, then it means many Aussie girls are SPGs if their boyfriends are caucasian. Or does this label not apply in Australia?

I never heard of a caucasian being called a SPG.

Postby Guest » Wed, 11 May 2005 1:57 am

cuz this applies to our Singapore girls only..

OZwatcher

SPG

Postby OZwatcher » Wed, 11 May 2005 7:56 am

trina01 wrote:

If the answer is no to question 1 but yes to question two, then I would suggest the label is racial in nature. Also, if the answer to (1) is no, the answer to (2) should be no too. Furthermore, if I were to be labelled a SPG, then it means many Aussie girls are SPGs if their boyfriends are caucasian. Or does this label not apply in Australia?

Aren't you all called 'Sheilas' in Australia?

I think Sarong Party Girl came into the Singapore vocublary in the 1980s when local girls went to parties organised by Caucasian expats. They were required or encouraged to wear 'sarongs' like what Balinese girls wear in public. Its a sarong (you may even call a lungi) which is tied not at the waist but just over your breats (boobs). Its only that piece of cloth you wear (plus of course any underwear if they choose to do so)... so that the hosts can admire the 'slim little figure'. Now the 'S' in SPG has been reinterpreted as 'Singapore' because perhaps there's far too many local girls who run after the Caucasian expats and they don't wear the sarong to parties anymore.

By the way, following this SPG debate here in recent months I've been wondering the same thing you've raised, what name you should call Caucasians women who run after non-Caucasian men? When I went to the UK to study in the late 1970s I found that many native (White British) girls, specially at the universities were fond of dating Black guys (I'm Sri Lankan). Many 'Indian' and African students had a lot of girl friends, especially the Africans, who could dance well.

I think what is happening is that the age of promiscuity and liberation the Western girls went through in the 1970s has only arrived in Singapore in the last few years. As a sociologist I'm facinated by all these debates going on here about SPGs and dating ....... I agree with you, if you take a 'politically correct' perspective lot of the talk here borders on racism ... but let's not take these too seriously for the moment.

One last suggestion .... if you like dating foreign men (do you mean European, British, American or Asian, Indian, Arabic? ) and goes to parties to find your dates then let us call you a 'APG' - Australian Party Girl. Does it sound racist? :wink:

Postby Guest » Wed, 11 May 2005 8:15 am

Trina is chinese and totally crazy have hot temper, better don't discuss anything with her

trina01

Re: SPG

Postby trina01 » Wed, 11 May 2005 9:02 am

OZwatcher wrote:
trina01 wrote:

Aren't you all called 'Sheilas' in Australia?

I think Sarong Party Girl came into the Singapore vocublary in the 1980s when local girls went to parties organised by Caucasian expats. They were required or encouraged to wear 'sarongs' like what Balinese girls wear in public. Its a sarong (you may even call a lungi) which is tied not at the waist but just over your breats (boobs). Its only that piece of cloth you wear (plus of course any underwear if they choose to do so)... so that the hosts can admire the 'slim little figure'. Now the 'S' in SPG has been reinterpreted as 'Singapore' because perhaps there's far too many local girls who run after the Caucasian expats and they don't wear the sarong to parties anymore.

By the way, following this SPG debate here in recent months I've been wondering the same thing you've raised, what name you should call Caucasians women who run after non-Caucasian men? When I went to the UK to study in the late 1970s I found that many native (White British) girls, specially at the universities were fond of dating Black guys (I'm Sri Lankan). Many 'Indian' and African students had a lot of girl friends, especially the Africans, who could dance well.

I think what is happening is that the age of promiscuity and liberation the Western girls went through in the 1970s has only arrived in Singapore in the last few years. As a sociologist I'm facinated by all these debates going on here about SPGs and dating ....... I agree with you, if you take a 'politically correct' perspective lot of the talk here borders on racism ... but let's not take these too seriously for the moment.

One last suggestion .... if you like dating foreign men (do you mean European, British, American or Asian, Indian, Arabic? ) and goes to parties to find your dates then let us call you a 'APG' - Australian Party Girl. Does it sound racist? :wink:

Thanks for enlightening me. APG does not sound racist but I do not go to parties nor clubbing.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 May 2005 11:42 am

queenie-me wrote:

LOOK HONEY, IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH ANY SINGAPOREAN GIRLS TO DATE ANY FOREIGNERS THEN PLEASE MIGHT AS WELL, GET YOURSELF A GIRLFRIEND (which I figure out vietnamese ladies are interested!!)

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, MAYBE YOU SHOULD START CALLING THEM WOMAN INSTEAD OF SPG.

Poor queenie-me, did I touch an exposed nerve or something? What would you call a local girl that is only looking for specifically a SWM.

I have absolutely no problems with a local girl who just happened to fall in love with someone who happens to be a SWM, but I do when it is obvious that they are only looking for someone who is white!

For your information, I've been married for 23 years to a local woman who also considers them SPG's.

THE sms

Marc2005

Postby Marc2005 » Wed, 11 May 2005 12:36 pm

Hi Maya,

let's a drink, coffee/tea, a chat.. whatever. Wud be cool.
Pls mail to: marcguire@yahoo.com.sg
cheers
8) :lol: