Singapore Expats Forum

Santa is coming

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

spoiling our kids

Santa is coming

Postby spoiling our kids » Mon, 09 May 2005 6:34 pm

Ok here's the story. My brother is coming to town and he owes me some money. (I used to work for him and he won't acknowledge owing me the money, and I don’t have any paper that can prove it… for the peace of the family and because he's partly brain damaged from an accident, I've more or less let it go).

To deal with his guilt however, he showers our kids with gifts and wants to take them to buy toys (the oldest is 4). He usually takes her to ToysRus and lets her fill a cart. The whole situation is kind of weird...

Anyway, here's my question: is there any other good toy stores in Singapore? I much prefer toys that kids can be active with, either developmental toys or things you can build with. Or even a store that has good bikes or sports equipment.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 09 May 2005 7:49 pm

i wish i could remember the name of this shop, it was in Suntec City, top floor. some very innovative toys can be found there, enough to tempt me to buy some and try my hand at them :lol:

sorry just can't remember the name :(
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 09 May 2005 7:51 pm

Take the kids to the BOOK section at Borders. Let them buy a year's worth of books to read.