Singapore Expats Forum

What so-called chemistry

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:06 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:i did think about this previously but didn't post. but now that you've brought up cynicism, there is some truth that people like us who don't marry early have a higher risk of turning cynical. i find myself having to consciously guard against that all the time.

A few years ago, my peers were all getting married. A few years down the road, a number are having all sorts of marital problems. I think they've caught up with me on cynicism level, haha... Just that I have more freedom to walk out. Which I want to keep for a little while more :)

Wind In My Hair wrote: still, when there's a chance i'd certainly like to meet you and eric and the rest. akan datang! :D

Okay, we'll keep this in mind. You're not going to get away from us so easily, muahahahahaha....

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:07 am

locallass wrote:I have more freedom to walk out. Which I want to keep for a little while more :)

you commitment-phobe! welcome to the club! :lol:

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:10 am

Thank you, thank you *takes a bow* :lol:

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:29 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:my only problem with the wndc is the "WN" part. i'm busy every wednesday night. still, when there's a chance i'd certainly like to meet you and eric and the rest. akan datang! :D

Here's a suggestion...

Why don't you organize something for meeting up? :wink:

Eric

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:35 am

locallass wrote:I've been on nightmarish first dates where I've been quizzed on when I would like to get married, how many children I would like to have, relationship history, hahahahaha...

sure those weren't dates with women?

naw, probably not as there was no mention of how much rent cost, what your salary was, money stuff like that
Last edited by EADG on Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:38 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Why don't you organize something for meeting up? :wink:

oohhh, cwever wittle ewic. i didn't see that one sneaking up on me... tell you what, if i were to organise something, you'll be one of the first to know! :wink:

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:41 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:now that you've brought up cynicism, there is some truth that people like us who don't marry early have a higher risk of turning cynical

amen! I mean, what is with that?! so counter-productive, yet so not-uncommon

have been the unwitting recipient of that a few times, but this is the first acknowledgement of if I've heard from a woman

but then I expect nothing less from WIMH....
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Re: What so-called chemistry

Postby sapphire » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 5:34 pm

Kimi wrote:What is it actually?
Cause it seems that you can have this "chemistry" even on the first time you meet somebody.
If what-so-called "love at first sight" is just an infatuation which is this chemistry thing, why would people be so skeptical about it, when actually heaps would pursue to go further once they feel the chemistry whereas most wouldn't pursue if there is no chemistry at the beginning?
Can this "chemistry" thingy is more on first impression? The traits of the other person's which you notice from the way they talk, walk, behave, etc. which you fancy?

Old thread revived! But I like it. To me, simply put, chemistry is when you meet a person, and then you want to meet him/her again and again and again...Too simplified? Oh well...
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 6:15 pm

sapphire wrote:Old thread revived! But I like it. To me, simply put, chemistry is when you meet a person, and then you want to meet him/her again and again and again...Too simplified? Oh well...

Works on a platonic level too, don't you think?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 7:26 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:
sapphire wrote:Old thread revived! But I like it. To me, simply put, chemistry is when you meet a person, and then you want to meet him/her again and again and again...Too simplified? Oh well...

Yup, absolutely! Some people just bore you to death, some you can't figure out or don't want to, and then there'll be a few you'll get along with like a house on fire.

And then there are exceptions like me, who has chemistry going with everyone. :P
Haha, sorry I've been away so have to get cheeky, missed doing that. :wink:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:10 pm

sapphire wrote:
Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:

Yup, absolutely! Some people just bore you to death, some you can't figure out or don't want to, and then there'll be a few you'll get along with like a house on fire.

And then there are exceptions like me, who has chemistry going with everyone. :P

For once I am gonna be nice to you: exactly the reason why I missed you so much these days... :oops:

Eric

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:26 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
sapphire wrote:
Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:

For once I am gonna be nice to you: exactly the reason why I missed you so much these days... :oops:

Eric

I reckon one can not only have a personal troll but also a fan! :lol:

And before anybody was going to flame saying that I sounded jealous, let me say first that that kind of remark would sound sooo lame :P

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 8:56 am

Haha, I don't think Eric will appreciate being called a fan of mine, but thanks for making me feel like a movie star Kimi. Only fan I ever had was this lil' munchkin all of 4 years old. :)

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:58 am

EADG wrote:
locallass wrote:I've been on nightmarish first dates where I've been quizzed on when I would like to get married, how many children I would like to have, relationship history, hahahahaha...

sure those weren't dates with women?

naw, probably not as there was no mention of how much rent cost, what your salary was, money stuff like that

Didn’t I say earlier that talking about marriage/the future is the prerogative of the women? :lol:

We women are silly, always wanting to be sure right away. Sometimes this applies to the men as well. What’s the hurry? Take it easy, slow down, have fun, flirt, enjoy yourself. If the feelings are right on both sides, your plans will merge along the way even if you never planned it that way.

madcortes

Postby madcortes » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:24 am

Chemistry at first sight means I find the person sexually attractive but I may not act on the attraction immediately.