Singapore Expats Forum

Dressing Code

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Jenny

Dressing Code

Postby Jenny » Mon, 07 Jun 2004 1:11 pm

We are from Denmark and planning to spend 5 days of our honeymoon in Singapore and another 4 days in Beijing. We chose Singapore because we heard that your country is very clean and beautiful. The people are highly educated and is very much western influence. But the weather is very humid and hot. I would like to know whether there is any dress code there. Pardon me, I am very fond of wearing very short skrit, see-through blouse/t-shirt with no bra, topless sunbath and etc.
Will I be breaking the law if I wear something skimpy such as micro-miniskrit (with panties, of course) in public places? Will I be arrested if I wear a translucent blouse? Were can I sunbath topless.
We are planning to come in mid-June 2004. Please advice. Thank you.

Monicae

Postby Monicae » Tue, 08 Jun 2004 1:24 am

There is no law against dressing skimpishly. As long as there is no nudity I guess it's fine. Hmmm don't think we have a nude sun bathing beach here. Be prepared for stares by some "aunties" and "uncles" if you go braless. But in general don't think ppl care much about foreigner dressing skimpishly here. I see foreigners on the streets with no bra or mini skirts all the time. For honey moon Beaufort hotel or Rasa Sentosa will be a nice place. They are both on the beach. Beaufort is about 10mins from the beach. But Rasa is right on the beach. Ritz Carlton is a great hotel to stay in the City. It's got the world SEXIEST bath room. Do try their butler drawn bath for couples. And their weekend Seafood buffet is fantastic. Shopping is great, not only are we clean and green, everything is very organized too. Orchard road is a great shopping area. We're having the Singapore Sales right now. It would be a great time to come. Transportation here is very very efficient, u can go everywhere from practically anywhere. Taxies are priced very reasonably too. You'll have a great time in Singapore!! Need more advice as to where to eat, where to go, what to do just feel free to ask around. we're more then happy to give you suggestions & recommendation.

Monicae

Postby Monicae » Tue, 08 Jun 2004 1:28 am

I just tot of a place u can sun bath topless. On the balcony deck on of your hotel if you're staying in Rasa Sentosa (Shangri-la)

U can try on Sentosa beach. If anyone stop u just put your clothes back on, they won't be too strict on foreigners. if not just go on and sun bath nude until someone says something. U won't be jailed or arrested. Just a warning only.

Jenny

Thank you

Postby Jenny » Tue, 08 Jun 2004 11:11 am

Hi Monicae, our best regards to you and thank you very much for your favorable and swift respond to our queries. Thank you very much for giving us information on hotels, resort places and other information as well.
We heard many good things about Singapore and your country is very different from many Asian countries. We have heard that your country is very unique, save, crime rate are low, friendly, open-minded and most of all a shopping and food paradise. Yes, our itineraries include visiting major attraction - Sentosa, Night Safari, Zoological Garden, Birdpark, Hapavilla and etc.
Now, we are sure that spend our honeymoon in Singapore is the correct choice.

Return to “General Discussions”