Singapore Expats Forum

Any fellow HongKongers here?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
HK_guy

Any fellow HongKongers here?

Postby HK_guy » Fri, 06 May 2005 2:53 pm

Have been here for close to 10 years.. However, don't seem to see alot of HongKongers around as I only have around 10 HK friends in SG..

D.E.C.

Postby D.E.C. » Sat, 07 May 2005 2:03 am

I am.....hello~

PHAN

FELLOW HONGKONGERS

Postby PHAN » Sat, 07 May 2005 2:59 pm

LEI HOW MAH!!!

HI THERE FELLOW HONG KONGER, SO NICE TO HEAR THAT ONE EXIST HERE, HOW IS LIFE IN SINGAPORE, MY FAMILY AND ME ARE COMING HERE ON A PERMANENT BASIS AND WOULD LOVE TO MEET MORE FELLOW FRIENDS, ESPECIALLY THE WIFE.........
KINDA BORING WITHOUT PEOPLE TO CHAT ABOUT HONG KONG LIFE....HAHAHAHA

mahjong 'leg'

Postby mahjong 'leg' » Sat, 07 May 2005 5:53 pm

will be relocating to sing. in july

looking 4 mahjong' kiok' hope to meet some hkers interested in our national pasttime

cheers

ly288

Postby ly288 » Tue, 10 May 2005 8:23 pm

A lot of Hong Konger attending Grace Church in Queen Street. Please refer to the following site for details.
http://www.gsccc.org.sg/
If you need to find out more. you may contact me at ly2828@gmail.com.

abc

Postby abc » Wed, 11 May 2005 9:44 pm

Happy to know there are many Hong Kong people. I personally think that it may be better to meet new friends in the first place without getting involved any thing about religions. It may be much relaxing.

I heard there is a "kowloon club".... somthing like that. Is it? Is there any 'Hong Kong Association' (like French Association etc.) If not, maybe we need one. We people from Hong Kong can gather to have some fun, give helps to newcomers from HK.

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

speak good cantonese

Postby MusicFever » Wed, 11 May 2005 9:57 pm

hi,
i was from china and moved to hk for work in 1999. later, i immigrated from hk to singapore, now live in east coast.
when i was in hk, i spoke cantonese in most of the time but now i seldom have chance to hear hk cantonese accent and seldom speak too. when my friends in hk called me, they said my cantonese was not so good as 4 years ago when i was there. since i like learning languages, i wish to meet some hk friends in singapore and pick up my cantonese again.
i like karaokay, movies, jogging, clubbing, cycling, volleyball, squash, swimming, motorbike, horsing, travelling, bowling... if you have same interests, would you count me in, no english, no mandarin, just practice cantonese and enjoy the fun...
thank you.