Singapore Expats Forum

Is there any interview for PR applicant?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Jean1

Is there any interview for PR applicant?

Postby Jean1 » Fri, 06 May 2005 12:54 pm

I am from Hong Kong and have applied for PR beginning of March through SMC Signapore. However, I haven't heard anything from them so far. Although they said it takes 3 -6 months, but some people I know got their PR in 6 - 8 weeks only. Any idea what should I do?

I have called them before, but they just keep saying no news yet, it all depends on how efficient the immigration department is. Would there be any interview from the Immigration department?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 06 May 2005 1:51 pm

Yes, there will be an interview, but only if they plan to give you your PR. It can take some time or maybe even happen rather quickly (got mine in 2 weeks). There is nothing fixed at immigration regarding a timeframe.

The interview is more a getting to know you type of interview but once you are invited for the I/V it means your PR has been approved thoeretically but I can imagine it's possible to screw up the interview and get denied. (e.g., compaining about the gov't, racism, badmouthing the PM, SM or MM will probably do it!)

sms

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 06 May 2005 1:54 pm

Sorry Jean1,

After posting I realized you said you applied through SMC Singapore. What is that? Are you applying from HK trying to get landed PR? If that be the case then my earlier post may not be valid as I was speaking from the POV of one who was already here on an EP for many years then applied for PR.

sms