Singapore Expats Forum

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
dot dot dot

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 06 May 2005 10:50 am

Last edited by dot dot dot on Wed, 24 May 2006 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

without my bike

Postby without my bike » Thu, 26 May 2005 10:36 pm

Try asking in the forum at

Re: Road cycling in mountainous areas in SE Asia

Postby Guest » Fri, 27 May 2005 12:45 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Hi,

I am a bit of a cycling fan and love doing serious roadcycling in mountainous areas (I know, it sounds masochistic, in fact it probably IS masochistic).

Was wondering if there are people around here who share the passion and would feel like going to Malaysia for a long weekend of cycling up and down mountains. As I have never done it before here in SE Asia, I am not very aware of the right places to go, but I assume Genting area or Cameron Highlands would be nice to do.

Any experiences or even better, any enthusiasts?

Done quite a lot myself in Taiwan, and yes it's masochistic. I'm still waiting for my bike to arrive, I purchased the Giant Iguana in Taiwan.

I also used to run the 25km up and down the mountain twice a week, need operation now on the cartlidge, I should have stuck to the bike riding at my age. Oh well I've had a good 30 years, hope i can get back to the running after my operation!

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”