Singapore Expats Forum

Help Needed - Looking For Organic Skin Care

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

Guest

Help Needed - Looking For Organic Skin Care

Postby Guest » Fri, 06 May 2005 9:53 am

Hi, I am looking for a good organic skin care range as I heard that a lot of skin care chemicals (some cancer causing) can go thru our skin into our body. Is it true that while some skin care are supposed to be Natural, the term 'natural' is not regulated in the industry? That Organic skin care is diff from certified organic skin care? Anyone with the accurate info and can back it up with ref please reply to revert2organic@yahoo.com. Thks.

Guest

Postby Guest » Sun, 08 May 2005 3:10 pm

Yes,the word 'natural' is not regulated. What it means is the product could be a derivative of the natural product. Example, while one could drink coconut milk without serious effect, some 'natural' coconut-based shampoos will have adverse effects if consumed.

As for 'organic', even a product that contains just 5% of organic ingredients can be called organic. Whereas for a product to be called Certified Organic, it has to contain 95% or more organic ingredients. The remaining 5% must also not conatin any artificial or synthetically produced ingredients. Hope this answer your question.

For your info, there is only one brand in the world today that is classified as 'Certified Organic' ski n care and cosmetics. If you are interested, you can contact me. yeapies@yahoo.com. Thanks.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest