Singapore Expats Forum

What to wear to the races

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

pip

What to wear to the races

Postby pip » Thu, 05 May 2005 1:47 pm

I have been invited to a the Singapore Airlines Cup race meeting. Do women wear hats and get dressed up like we do in Australia??

Bubbs

Postby Bubbs » Fri, 06 May 2005 4:41 pm

Have you got an Australian womans assoc there now? It used to be ANZAC when I was in Sing.
Ring them up and ask for the ladies section and ask them, they'll know. Alternatively, ring the Brit club, or the Tanglin and ask to speak to the magazine editor or senior female on that staff. They will get back to you.
Just the sort of thing I used to get asked when I was out there....but not specifically this question I'm afraid.

cobblers

Postby cobblers » Tue, 17 May 2005 11:04 pm

Bubbs wrote:Have you got an Australian womans assoc there now? It used to be ANZAC when I was in Sing.
Ring them up and ask for the ladies section and ask them, they'll know. Alternatively, ring the Brit club, or the Tanglin and ask to speak to the magazine editor or senior female on that staff. They will get back to you.
Just the sort of thing I used to get asked when I was out there....but not specifically this question I'm afraid.

Why not call the Queen's lady-in-waiting and she will be able to guide you, me dear :D

NRN

Postby NRN » Tue, 17 May 2005 11:15 pm

cobblers wrote:
Bubbs wrote:Have you got an Australian womans assoc there now? It used to be ANZAC when I was in Sing.

Why not call the Queen's lady-in-waiting and she will be able to guide you, me dear :D

NRN PLZ. IK IT'S A PITA :lol: