Singapore Expats Forum

Electronic stock trading

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Electronic stock trading

Postby Kimi » Wed, 04 May 2005 12:26 am

Last edited by Kimi on Sun, 03 Jul 2005 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

gl171

eletronic stock trading

Postby gl171 » Wed, 04 May 2005 10:46 am

kimi,
be a bit specific plz. have i ever done est? u meant have i ever traded with the system as end user or trader??? or have i ever done it like setting the syste up?
gl171

Postby Guest » Wed, 04 May 2005 2:07 pm

Kimi, if you meant est, yes, i m very familiar with it. just shoot whatever question you got..i'll try my best to answer you.

cheers

dejavu17

resend

Postby dejavu17 » Wed, 04 May 2005 2:12 pm

(was not aware that I got log off)

Kimi, if you meant est, yes, i m very familiar with it. just shoot whatever question you got..i'll try my best to answer you.

cheers

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Re: eletronic stock trading

Postby Kimi » Thu, 05 May 2005 6:50 am

Last edited by Kimi on Sun, 03 Jul 2005 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

dejavu17

e-broker

Postby dejavu17 » Thu, 05 May 2005 10:11 am

Yes, I know of an e-broker that I use. I will pm you his email add, and you can liase with him.

gl171

Elect. trdng sys.

Postby gl171 » Fri, 06 May 2005 8:54 am

est, yes. i have a friend who is broker. i can provide u info. email me.

Re: eletronic stock trading

Postby Guest » Mon, 09 May 2005 12:27 am

Kimi wrote:
gl171 wrote:kimi,
be a bit specific plz. have i ever done est? u meant have i ever traded with the system as end user or trader??? or have i ever done it like setting the syste up?
gl171

Sorry, I meant the question to be whether anybody here have ever traded stocks on the net. And since seemingly there is at least one person, any recommended e-broker or site, and maybe there are some tips you're willing to share I was wondering.
Cheers.

yes I do short trading in Taiwan, started off day trading, made a small fortune and got locked in. I have around 80,000 shares now and i love the rush, until it slows down, like now.

tip: only play with what you can afford to lose, stay away from futures, until you understand the game, and it is a game.

I was offered margin trading and also turned it down. to risky inn a volatile mrkt, unless you have 6th sense. Keep an eye on foreign investment, when they start to pull out, the mrkt will drop, and you will be stuck, they always get selling priority

Singapore mrkt, not volatile enough for me, sorry

Postby Guest » Mon, 09 May 2005 1:57 pm

how would one know that the foreign investment is pulling out? i still think you need sixth sense to sell before they start selling! you got sixth sense i suspect!

Postby Guest » Tue, 10 May 2005 2:16 am

Anonymous wrote:how would one know that the foreign investment is pulling out? i still think you need sixth sense to sell before they start selling! you got sixth sense i suspect!

You follow the trades my dear friend!
http://www.tse.com.tw/en/

http://www.tse.com.tw/en/trading/fund/BFI82U/BFI82U.php

insttutions and foreign investment trades always get priority, due to the amount of stock traded,

High volatile stocks like memory chips and Lcd's are up and down big time, when institution investors start to purchase these shares, millions at a time, then what do you think is happening? yes manipulation of price but normally on sound statistical evidence of a bull run.

When you see them dumping two or 3 days later, what is going to happen? you need a good broker to get your shares out before the fall.

There is an art of cutting your risk to a minimum, one can also follow the statistical production output each month, and gage through market research if the market will swing up based on your evidence. most shares are cyclic and therefore you must know your products that you invest in.

T/A is also very helpful for those that know a little. F/A is no big deal over day trading or short term, if the whole market is on a run, the shares will go up.

Do your own homework and plenty of it, preparation is everything, for a risk taker, the idea is to minimise the risk and keep away from pure gambling.

Another tip is not to listen to other people, unless you feel comfortable about it. you can only blame yourself if you lose.

If your a bad loser, don't do it. Other than that you can all please yourselves everyone is entitled to their own opinion.