Singapore Expats Forum

Fastest way to get medical screening for Employment Pass?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Fastest way to get medical screening for Employment Pass?

Postby Guest » Tue, 03 May 2005 6:10 pm

Hi,

I've just got my Employment Pass approved in-principle.
Now I need to go for medical screening.

What's the fastest way to get the medical screening result for Employment Pass application? The screening includes X-ray, blood test, etc.

So far, I only know that if I go to the Gleneagles Hospital tomorrow, the result will be released in 2-3 working days.

In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where I came from, I remember I went to a private hospital for similar health screening before I entered varsity. I went there in as early as 8.30am and the result is released before 12pm.

Is there such a place or way in Singapore where I can get such speedy result?

elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Fastest way to get medical screening for Employment Pass

Postby elizabeth » Tue, 03 May 2005 7:00 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hi,

I've just got my Employment Pass approved in-principle.
Now I need to go for medical screening.

What's the fastest way to get the medical screening result for Employment Pass application? The screening includes X-ray, blood test, etc.

So far, I only know that if I go to the Gleneagles Hospital tomorrow, the result will be released in 2-3 working days.

In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where I came from, I remember I went to a private hospital for similar health screening before I entered varsity. I went there in as early as 8.30am and the result is released before 12pm.

Is there such a place or way in Singapore where I can get such speedy result?

Hi, i think if u r talking abt gleneagles cant make it on the same day than chances are slim.. if u want u can try chkg with mtelizabeth.. these 2 hospital are private hospital..

Postby Guest » Tue, 03 May 2005 7:13 pm

Hi elizabeth, i'll try to call Mount Elizabeth Hospital tomorrow morning.

Basically, the 2 most time-consuming tasks are X-ray screening and bood test. I think the place which can offer both services in-house will be the fastest.

Does this give you guys any clue?

Postby Guest » Tue, 03 May 2005 7:14 pm

"bood" <--- I meant blood, u know it :D

elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter

Postby elizabeth » Wed, 04 May 2005 9:02 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi elizabeth, i'll try to call Mount Elizabeth Hospital tomorrow morning.

Basically, the 2 most time-consuming tasks are X-ray screening and bood test. I think the place which can offer both services in-house will be the fastest.

Does this give you guys any clue?

Ok i think for private hospital have got these 2 tasks doing in house.. Good Luck..

Postby Guest » Wed, 04 May 2005 3:58 pm

Thanks for the input. I have gone to Thomson Medical Centre for the screening and result will be ready in 2 days. Good service at good price too, $60.90 compared to $115 at Gleneagles with no difference in the processing time.