Singapore Expats Forum

StarHub prepaid Green - incoming call cost?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
dolby

StarHub prepaid Green - incoming call cost?

Postby dolby » Tue, 03 May 2005 3:23 pm

Hi, I've just picked up one of the StarHub prepaid Green SIM cards, and heard rumours that I have to pay for incoming calls. Is this correct - if so, is it the same cost as for making calls? Also, does it cost more if I receive a call from the UK?

Thanks...Dan
~Dan

Postby Guest » Fri, 06 May 2005 12:06 pm

Yes, u r right. It is not free incoming call. But now M1 has free incoming call for prepaid card. May b u can try that. I use to use the starhub prepaid last time, and I think it is only suitable if u have less incoming calls. U can check the rate at starhub website.

Postby Guest » Wed, 18 May 2005 12:17 am

Kayne

Re: StarHub prepaid Green - incoming call cost?

Postby Kayne » Wed, 18 May 2005 1:10 pm

Yes, Dan. Starhub's card is not free for incoming. Only M1's card is, but at a minimum daily deduction of 70 cents. However, like the post I just made today, I have discovered that if you spend anything upwards of $35 each month (be it M1, Singtel, or Starhub prepaid cards), you might as well get the M1 card and use the callback service I am using with it. There will be a savings.

I showed a friend who is spending $120 per month (due to not being eligible for subscription plans here in Singapore), how by using a combination of the 2 services, she can cut down her expenditure to less than $40! This is despite the daily deduction by M1!

You can contact me at (+65)97701342 or email me at kaynetan@eunicomm.com for more information. Or go to http://085.icentel.com for more information.

Wang

Singtel's Prepaid Card

Postby Wang » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 4:38 pm

Singtel's Prepaid Card with FREE incoming calls is subjected to a daily deduction of 58c.

Postby Guest » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 3:31 pm

Does it work for International calls as well? Will it be around 3 cents as well?

Postby Guest » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 3:45 pm

Dont get trick by Starhub. There is a lot of gimmick, prefer M1.

They have not returning my deposit of $30 for a remote control(from cable TV) returned to them some 2 years back. I was told it was not in their record though they have stamped as receipt on my invoice which i faxed to them and they said they have no record....

You can help me by not patronise this company for bad service and overcharged me. Thanks !!

Good luck !!