Singapore Expats

cost of living allowance

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
bobbie

cost of living allowance

Post by bobbie » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:19 am

i will start to work here in singapore, i would like to ask to anybody had idea if i can spend my daily allowance of $8/day, for my food and $300/month for bed space. i had no idea regarding the marketing/cost of living here. please help me thanks! (can you specify the mostly expenses of foods,clothing,renting and etc.) thank you for your time. God Bless! :lol: [/b]

elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter

Re: cost of living allowance

Post by elizabeth » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 9:33 am

bobbie wrote:i will start to work here in singapore, i would like to ask to anybody had idea if i can spend my daily allowance of $8/day, for my food and $300/month for bed space. i had no idea regarding the marketing/cost of living here. please help me thanks! (can you specify the mostly expenses of foods,clothing,renting and etc.) thank you for your time. God Bless! :lol: [/b]
i think is not possible to spent $/per day for food cos each meal here cost ard $5/meal as for bed space it will cost u ard there but i think that will be a share room with others.. u wont have a room on ur on.. but any way u will get used to it when u come here.. hope u will enjoy working in singapore.. by the way, which contury r u from??

bobbie

thank you very much ms.elizabeth

Post by bobbie » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 8:15 pm

i'm very thankful theres somebody like you gave time to answers may questions, actually it had been bodering me for almost a month, i came from philippines and i suppose to work there by this coming june. thank you very much for your effort, im very appreciated. god bless1[/b]