Singapore Expats

Sending small shipment to the UK

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration

Sending small shipment to the UK

Post by Guest » Thu, 28 Apr 2005 1:54 pm

:?: I wish to send about 22 cft to the UK. The items are mostly books and bedlinens. How do I do this most cost effective? :?: Please help!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 28 Apr 2005 2:35 pm

The most cost effective way is to send 3 or 4 smaller packages that are under the parcel size limits for Singapore and the UK. Thye will take weeks to arrive as parcel post but it will be cheap.

Courier services for a larger box will be very expenisve. It cost me S$500 to ship 30kgs from New Zealand to Singapore via DHL.

Shipping companies will be expensive as well. The actual ship cost is reasonably low but you pay through the nose for partical container handling.

You could also take them with you or send them with someone who is flying. An extra bag luggage charge is around S$200... maybe a bit less.

Post by Guest » Thu, 28 Apr 2005 2:43 pm

Thank you, that really helps.

Laura

Post by Laura » Sun, 01 May 2005 11:55 am

I am heading back soon. Got a little bit more stuff which I accumulated over a year, is more than my original two suitcases can take. Thinking to get a 3rd suitcase and take them all with me to airport.