Singapore Expats

Japanese Helpdesk position

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Japanese sucks

Japanese Helpdesk position

Post by Japanese sucks » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:28 pm

Hi, First of all I want to say I am embarrased about what's going on in asia because of my shameless country and would like to apologize for them. Please understand that not every Japanese are idiotic and shameless. Some of us do know what is right and wrong.

I need some word of advice and guidance from this forum. I have recently graduated from US and have been working almost a year in IT firm in US (July will be 1 year). I have been offered a position in Singapore as a Helpdesk Technician and will be working on shifts.

I was just wondering what is a common salary for my position? I can speak fluent English, Japanes and gradauted University with Honor(3.7) <--Does this make difference?? and I have a MCSE 2000 Certification.

Any input is appreciated.

Once again, sorry for my people.

Re: Japanese Helpdesk position

Post by Guest » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:02 pm

You will need at least S$2.5k to obtain the class Q Employment Pass.
University degree with honors(is it 1st degree?) makes it easier to obtain the employment pass.

By the way, You say sorry for wat?
Are you calling your country a "shameless"? sigh..

Kamal

apology

Post by Kamal » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:16 pm

I wonder when the British will apologise for writing history text books where their colonial atrocities are ignored ..such as the genocide of Tasmanian Aboriginals in Australia .... and ruthless repression of dissent in many Asian colonies until Mahatma Gandhi was shrewd enough to come and tell the Brits that the emperor didn't have his clothes on!

whiteman's burden..huh!

Re: apology

Post by whiteman's burden..huh! » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:45 pm

Kamal wrote:I wonder when the British will apologise for writing history text books where their colonial atrocities are ignored ..such as the genocide of Tasmanian Aboriginals in Australia .... and ruthless repression of dissent in many Asian colonies until Mahatma Gandhi was shrewd enough to come and tell the Brits that the emperor didn't have his clothes on!
I can see what you mean, lah! This world is full of evil people and that's the way it has always been. For instance, they had Hitler in Europe and the rest of the world had the British. Hitler is said to have killed over or around six million innocent people during his reign, but the British have killed so many, many more in the name of colonization that it is totally impossible to put any accurate figure to these anihilations, not only in one country but many more!! It is completely and utterly shocking, lah! :shock:

Re: apology

Post by Guest » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:51 pm

whiteman's burden..huh! wrote:
Kamal wrote:I wonder when the British will apologise for writing history text books where their colonial atrocities are ignored ..such as the genocide of Tasmanian Aboriginals in Australia .... and ruthless repression of dissent in many Asian colonies until Mahatma Gandhi was shrewd enough to come and tell the Brits that the emperor didn't have his clothes on!
I can see what you mean, lah! This world is full of evil people and that's the way it has always been. For instance, they had Hitler in Europe and the rest of the world had the British. Hitler is said to have killed over or around six million innocent people during his reign, but the British have killed so many, many more in the name of colonization that it is totally impossible to put any accurate figure to these anihilations, not only in one country but many more!! It is completely and utterly shocking, lah! :shock:
Yeah, you can wait for them to apologise till the cows come home :D