Singapore Expats Forum

Where can I buy Glow Sticks?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

gotta_think
Regular
Regular

Where can I buy Glow Sticks?

Postby gotta_think » Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:19 pm

Hi guys, please help me. Where can i buy different shape/styles of glow sticks? Which store and which department can i go? Please help me find them.. thank you so much!

Babies

Glow sticks at chong pang. maybe

Postby Babies » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:27 am

Hi, there's a place called Chong Pang market place...There's a shop there seeling things at i think $1 for per item...@ Blk 105++ It's near the Chong Pang community club. :P

gotta_think
Regular
Regular

Postby gotta_think » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:10 pm

hello, thanks for ur response. i really appreciate it. =) it it near at Yishun MRT? Do you happen to know the name of the store? or a landmark at least where i can find the store who sells glow sticks? pls let me know so i could visit them as soon as possible. thanks!

shops

Re: Where can I buy Glow Sticks?

Postby shops » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:13 pm

[quote="gotta_think"]Hi guys, please help me. Where can i buy different shape/styles of glow sticks? Which store and which

You can go to DIY shops, or army goods shops like at Transit Road, I am sure they would have stock for glow sticks.

yoongf
Chatter
Chatter

Postby yoongf » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:25 pm

Try Beach Road market, where most adventure / Army ppl get their supplies.

It's a refurbished HDB food centre, opposite Golden Mile Complex and the shops are on the upper floor.

What?

Postby What? » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:11 pm

yoongf wrote:Try Beach Road market, where most adventure / Army ppl get their supplies.

It's a refurbished HDB food centre, opposite Golden Mile Complex and the shops are on the upper floor.

Pray tell what are Glow STicks? Sparklers that kids play with or those tubes with special liquid to make them glow? What is it used for?

yoongf
Chatter
Chatter

Postby yoongf » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:50 pm

Something like these..

http://www.omniglow.com/

gotta_think
Regular
Regular

Postby gotta_think » Thu, 28 Apr 2005 7:41 pm

I have tried checking out at some malls in the ORchard area, but didn't find any luck. =( maybe i will just check out the places that you guys suggested. thanks again... =)

TANG C.H.

I Have Glowsticks

Postby TANG C.H. » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:57 am

I happened to have a small box of about 6 glow sticks. If you want, we can trade on that.

gotta_think
Regular
Regular

glow sticks

Postby gotta_think » Mon, 09 May 2005 4:24 pm

hello, trade-in? how much are you selling it? are they new? what are their colors?

emiko08
Chatter
Chatter

Postby emiko08 » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 1:04 am

you can go to 77th street to buy them. i think it cost 3.90$ per stick./

For the record

Postby For the record » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 6:31 am

How come you need them so badly? Makes me wonder why the urgency.

Anyways, there are at least 2 types of these, i.e. the kiddie ones that are pretty small, do not last very long and are cheap. These you can buy at the East Coast Lagoon hawker center. I know because I got some for my godson the other day. A buck a piece.

Second type is the Cyalume ones. These are like the kiddie ones on steroids, used in the military, boating etc. They're powerful, last for hours and cost a bit more. Not sure where to get these, though I've used them here (years ago, however).

Good luck then.

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Loops » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:45 am

you can get normal glow sticks from Spotlight at Plaza Singapura (maybe Tampines too, but I have definitely seen them at Plaza), you can probably also get them from the party shops in the Concourse. Plus there is a party type shop opposite the Hindu temple down North Bridge Rd. I haven't seen any apart from the usual bog standard ones - I didn't know you could get fancy ones.

all aglow

Postby all aglow » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 1:26 am

Saw them in the party supplies shops at the Concourse in Beach Road today.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 4:52 am

Saw them on Tuesday at the Japanese shop on Level 3 at IMM near the Jurong MRT. $2 each. Still wondering what you plan to do, just curious?

FYI-Spotlight at Tampines closed down a month ago, so now only at Plaza Singapura.