Singapore Expats

how much would a part-time maid cost?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 30 May 2008 12:09 am

The last one i had was only 50$ for the whole night! Did my ironing as well! :) Yes i am joking! It was much cheaper!

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:32 am

I pay 300 for 4 visists a month for a group of 5 ladies. My place is a 3 room apartment, 1,200 sq ft. Leave everything to them and they finish everything. I cannot fault them at all as I cannot find any reason.

Once I had to change one of my face basic tap and they did that for me, changing me only the cost of the new tap. That is really good.

To me, I am always impressed by people who can do their work professionally.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 1:24 pm

Iskandar,

I'm really impressed. NOT!

You are not even sure how big you apartment is. One week it's 800 sq ft and the next it 1300 sq ft. Frankly it sound like you are running a crib to me. What with 5 women working for you. I am patiently waiting.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar » Sun, 15 Jun 2008 7:51 pm

so what moderator ??? to err is human. I mixed up sq meter and sq feet. Kill me for this ??? :? :?

The thing is that workers who do their job well should be commended. What's your role here ??? At times I wonder if you are here to advertise yourself or truely be a moderator.

You have comercial interest here. If so, this is not the place to discuss our point of view. Think Consumer Association Of Singapore CASE would be interested in such issues.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 15 Jun 2008 10:43 pm

Iskandar, this forum does not like spam. Our host considers spam the posting of identical information in multiple threads across the forums. I believe your continuous posting of these 5 maids and the fact that you keep pumping the same two agencies AND the fact that you consider yourself a Trainer of maids more or less puts paid to most any complaint you might have. I've been pretty lenient with you so far as your account has not been locked. Yet. I only ask that you cooperate and follow this forums protocol.

As for your lame excuse for "to err is human?" even if you mixed up sq ft with sq meters, 800 sq m is NOT 1300 sq ft. but 8,611 sq ft. Conversely, 1300 sq ft is only 120 sq meters so who are you trying to kid.

Moderators here have absolutely no commercial interest in this site at all. Sorry. Only the Admins do. We work for them on a voluntary basis to keep the boards clear of advertisers, solicitors, shills, trolls and other otherwise unsavory types that show up here often. We all have full time jobs as well. We have set down protocols for the regulars of the Board and we expect them to be followed. How hard is that to understand?

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

simg33

Part-time help needed

Post by simg33 » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:22 pm

Please use the classifieds section of this site for positions available.

Thanks,

Jolene99

Re: part time maid

Post by Jolene99 » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 10:15 am

AnuBa wrote:Hi all,
I am also a new comer to singapore. we live near Orchard - clsoe to stevens RD. Also very much interested in finding out about part time maid for cleaning/laundry/cooking etc. No kids at home so may about 3-4 hrs twice aweek. I went to few agencies in Lucky Palza and Far East Plaza but these agengies fet maids for liven-in/full time postions not part time. I had heard sp much about this "luxury" in Singapore but now I am wondering if I were be able to enjoy this "luxury".
Any help??
Few days ago, i did my one time home cleaning with House cleaner and i find their service quite ok... they charged me $18 per hour.
Last edited by Jolene99 on Thu, 07 Apr 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 10:25 am

Iskandar wrote: Once I had to change one of my face basic tap and they did that for me, changing me only the cost of the new tap. That is really good.
A maid who changes fittings ?? Waaaha .. that's a new one for me ... :D :D

And to do it FOC ?? ah, come on ..

lizworm

Post by lizworm » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:53 am

Sorry liz, but we don't allow the recommending of illegal actions on this site.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:26 am

Oopss ..

Deleted ..