Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for new friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
D.E.C.

Looking for new friends

Postby D.E.C. » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 2:24 am

Hello ~ I'm moving to Singapore in about a month's time, I've never been there before and I know no one there. I'm gonna work there for a few years and I really wanted to make some new friends there. You're welcomed to email or pm me. I'm from Hong Kong, 24/m.

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fohls » Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:39 pm

There's a few of us in the same boat :-) Tell us about yourself. Where are you from, what do you like to do etc... More than likely someone on here will have a similar interest or two...

Cheers.

D.E.C.

Postby D.E.C. » Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:10 pm

Hi Fohls, Nice to hear from you. Where are you from? I love swimming a lot. What about you? I'll be there in a few weeks, hope to catch up with you.

Fohls wrote:There's a few of us in the same boat :-) Tell us about yourself. Where are you from, what do you like to do etc... More than likely someone on here will have a similar interest or two...

Cheers.

Postby Guest » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 5:34 am

dude, i'm also from hk (just graduate from polyu) and also coming to singapore in a few weeks to work. dunno anyone there either.. if u wanna hang out let me know..

eastmeetswest

Postby eastmeetswest » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 2:00 pm

Hi

Anyone care for chat over lunch or coffee. A descent proposal cause this Eurasian gal (mixed of Dutch, Irish, Thai and Chinese) is happily married to a Dane. Cheers! Yvonne

travelbuggie

Welcome to singapore

Postby travelbuggie » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 5:01 pm

I am happy to show you around and share the interesting places. My email is savvy101104@yahoo.com.sg

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 7:31 pm

eastmeetswest wrote:Hi

Anyone care for chat over lunch or coffee. A descent proposal cause this Eurasian girl (mixed of Dutch, Irish, Thai and Chinese) is happily married to a Dane. Cheers! Yvonne

Anthea/yvonne or whatever you name is, do you have a personality problem? Now you have registered another nick. I guess when your Dane husband comes home from work he is never quite sure who he will find.

D.E.C.

Postby D.E.C. » Mon, 02 May 2005 2:45 pm

Good to know you, man, exactly when are you coming in? leave me a email or pm, thanks.
Anonymous wrote:dude, i'm also from hk (just graduate from polyu) and also coming to singapore in a few weeks to work. don't know anyone there either.. if u want to hang out let me know..

Postby Guest » Tue, 03 May 2005 12:22 am

Hi DEC

I'm from UK, been in Singapore for about a week now. Spent a long drunken weekend with people from work. Need to get out and do more healthy stuff if i'm going to stay here a while. I'm a keen swimmer/walker/climber and anything outdoors. Wouldn't mind taking up rollerblading while i'm here... We'll see...

Cheers,

Fohls

mom

Postby mom » Wed, 04 May 2005 11:25 pm

Hi DEC,

I'm a stay-home mom from HK. Don't worry I am not asking you out with me. Just want to say "Don't worry!, you will be very fine here in Singapore." You will be amazed that here are so many people from HK (especially young people like you). You can hear Cantonese everywhere.
It's good for you that another young guy (polyu grad) is also coming like you. Try to find more HK people here through different ways to hang out with. GOOD LUCK

D.E.C.

Postby D.E.C. » Sat, 07 May 2005 1:56 am

Cool....I enjoy swimming, and I used to skate & rollerblade a lot when I was young. Climbing is definitely something I want to pick up. We should meet up sometime.

Anonymous wrote:Hi DEC

I'm from UK, been in Singapore for about a week now. Spent a long drunken weekend with people from work. Need to get out and do more healthy stuff if i'm going to stay here a while. I'm a keen swimmer/walker/climber and anything outdoors. Wouldn't mind taking up rollerblading while i'm here... We'll see...

Cheers,

Fohls

D.E.C.

Postby D.E.C. » Sat, 07 May 2005 1:57 am

Thank you mom :D
mom wrote:Hi DEC,

I'm a stay-home mom from HK. Don't worry I am not asking you out with me. Just want to say "Don't worry!, you will be very fine here in Singapore." You will be amazed that here are so many people from HK (especially young people like you). You can hear Cantonese everywhere.
It's good for you that another young guy (polyu grad) is also coming like you. Try to find more HK people here through different ways to hang out with. GOOD LUCK