Singapore Expats Forum

Pulau Ubin Weekend Activity in a real kampong house

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
urbanight

Postby urbanight » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:15 pm

I saw this post on a Pulau Ubin website that looks really interesting. You get to spend some time in a real kampong house. I am thinking of going. Anyone else interested to do so? I think it will be fun.

http://habitatnews.nus.edu.sg/heritage/ubin/stories/

anthea

Re: Pulau Ubin Weekend Activity in a real kampong house

Postby anthea » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:11 pm

Count me in!! What's on the menu? Read that it's nasi lemak. Does the menu changes? Yvonne

Postby Guest » Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:39 am

Is that one day tour ? if yes, I like to go on this coming weekend (30th April, or 1 May). Lets take action now. contact me at 91548179 or email shrek000@hotmail.com.

laura

urbanight

Postby urbanight » Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:58 am

I may not be able to make it this weekend as I may have to work! :( But I hope some of you who can make it, will have fun. I have tentatively reserved a place for myself but I may have to cancel. :(

Anyway I had checked with the lady who is organising it. It is on 1 May 2005, Saturday. The meeting point is Changi Jetty at 8.30am but you must make a reservation as it is limited to 16 people only and she said it is nearly full. It should end by 1pm but you can stay and hang around the island. It is a hands on cooking class - people will have to cook their own nasi lemak.

Postby Guest » Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:59 am

Opps

I mean 30 April 2005, Saturday and not 1 May 2005.

Postby Guest » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:50 am

If anyone of you want to go on this trip, send an email to: info@cookerymagic.com.