Singapore Expats Forum

Placement Consultants

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

joojoo

Placement Consultants

Postby joojoo » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:35 am

Hello People, :roll: :roll:

I've been trying to find a list of headhunters in Singapore. Google search keeps giving me the companies with open positions. I intend to meet people in person n not apply online.

Can u guys pls help me here.

Thanks in advance.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 1:58 pm

I intend to meet people in person n not apply online.

Good luck.

Here in Singapore it is almost impossible to walk into a headhunters office and be interviewed. Let's face it. Unless you are what I am looking for at the moment, I wouldn't be bothered to interview you as my time is valuable.

Now, if you submit to me via email/online and your cover letter is sufficient to warrent further investigation I may visually scan your CV and even possibly look at it in detail. At that point, some companies may send you an autoresponse email or even send you a direct email thanking you for your submission, etc.

If your CV is something that they see added value in, they will place it in their database and if you are lucky they may call you one day (after you've probably found a job).

Usually headhunters aren't too interested in those who are unemployed. That's why they are called Headhunters as they have to source the market to find the best (who are ususally working for a competitior) and poach them away from the company.

One thing you have to realize is that here in Singapore it is the client (company) that pays the headhunters the fees, not the candidate (Job hunter).

Good Luck

Lamour

Postby Lamour » Mon, 25 Apr 2005 5:18 pm

So well put, thank you. Thats it, take note all 'job seekers'. Sunday, i think you should post this in the other forum about careers etc, so other job seekers can take note.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
I intend to meet people in person n not apply online.

Good luck.

Here in Singapore it is almost impossible to walk into a headhunters office and be interviewed. Let's face it. Unless you are what I am looking for at the moment, I wouldn't be bothered to interview you as my time is valuable.

Now, if you submit to me via email/online and your cover letter is sufficient to warrent further investigation I may visually scan your CV and even possibly look at it in detail. At that point, some companies may send you an autoresponse email or even send you a direct email thanking you for your submission, etc.

If your CV is something that they see added value in, they will place it in their database and if you are lucky they may call you one day (after you've probably found a job).

Usually headhunters aren't too interested in those who are unemployed. That's why they are called Headhunters as they have to source the market to find the best (who are ususally working for a competitior) and poach them away from the company.

One thing you have to realize is that here in Singapore it is the client (company) that pays the headhunters the fees, not the candidate (Job hunter).

Good Luck