Singapore Expats Forum

Volleyball?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
williamw

Volleyball?

Postby williamw » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:12 am

Anyone know any fun volleyball groups that play regularly. Just moved here from Sydney and looking to continue to play here. Thanks.

minhwa

Postby minhwa » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:01 am

hi william.

i have been thinking of playing too, preferably on sun or mid week. a friend who is a regular at the japanese association mentioned a local group playing at bt. merah. my hesitation is that, most established group are cliquish and usually not as tolerant towards beginners.

i played in school, and is fairly fit, ie. i dont think i wld turn out to be a volleyball idiot.

so, perhaps we can take the lead and start a group. i reckon, 4 persons can make a good start. what do u think?

btw, i'm a guy, and was in au for 4 years :)

williamw

Postby williamw » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:09 am

I am a volleyball addict. Just let me know when and where and I will be there. I have been playing since high school (i.e. almost 15 years) and am quite competitive. :D

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:16 am

Last edited by dot dot dot on Tue, 23 May 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minhwa

Postby minhwa » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:27 am

beach or grass or court is ok with me.

but, i heard the volleyball sand pits (or courts) in sentosa is always pack. i think, that place is more of a flesh parade than serious volleyballing, not that i mind the former :)

so, eric, u only want to do beach?

i am thinking more of grass, just any convenient open field.

minhwa

Postby minhwa » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:31 am

hi william,

competitive huh? well, then i better start a beginner volleyball thread :( no worries, i understand, its quite difficult to play when skill levels are too far apart. good luck hunting, mate ..

williamw

Postby williamw » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:31 am

Hi Eric,
I play beach volleyball too. Have been playing that in Sydney at Tamarama. Prefer to play indoor regularly but can play beach for fun once in a while. Got to be weekend for most people if we go to Sentosa I guess.
Eric, do you play indoor too? Not keen to play on grass. Can't dive and get grass stain all over.

williamw

Postby williamw » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:33 am

I play with all levels. It's fun and great way to meet people too.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:50 pm

Last edited by dot dot dot on Tue, 23 May 2006 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MusicFever

Postby MusicFever » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 2:06 pm

Hi,
I was playing volleyball as a department team member when I was in university but after graduation I got no chance to play well again, so almost lost the skills in the past 6 years... :(
I am female, wish to watch your games and play as well for fun. Any more females here? Think I cannot compete with tall and strong guys, hahaha...
Cheryl

Laura

love volleyball

Postby Laura » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 5:58 pm

Hi, I am felmale. we always can play mix team. no worries.

Let me know at shrek000@hotmail.com

Laura

Laura

Postby Laura » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 6:00 pm

cool, from now on people can pm me if game is on.

ringo100
Chatter
Chatter

Volleyball

Postby ringo100 » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 8:39 pm

It's good to see so many volleyball fans out there. I've been over to Sentosa a couple of times to try and pick up a game but it is quite tough on your own as most of the courts had even players.

The standard is mixed with a couple of courts reserved for players of a good level of play.

I am interested in playing anytime and if anyone would like to join me we could meet up at Sentosa this Sunday afternoon, hit a ball around and try and pick up a game.

Also, if anyone is interested in getting a team together and maybe getting a few friendly games against some local teams i'm game for that as well.