Singapore Expats Forum

New to East Coast

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
MusicFever

New to East Coast

Postby MusicFever » Wed, 20 Apr 2005 2:25 pm

Hi,
Just moved to bayshore, east coast, not familiar with this area, want to know more friends nearby, go out for cycling, jogging, movies, swimming, clubbing, dancing......or just have a drink or chat on the beach...
Me, Chinese female moved from HK here, working in IT. If anyone is interested to meet up on weekends (oh, I am quite busy with work on weekdays), leave your msg here, better with contact information........

Lomisvoice

Re: New to East Coast

Postby Lomisvoice » Wed, 20 Apr 2005 3:09 pm

Hello. MusicFever,

What a good news for me! I am just your neighbour!! (Summit, not sure if you have heard this condo) Welcome to East Coast.
Female as well...We can be a good neighbour probably...^^

FROM Neighbour

MusicFever wrote:Hi,
Just moved to bayshore, east coast, not familiar with this area, want to know more friends nearby, go out for cycling, jogging, movies, swimming, clubbing, dancing......or just have a drink or chat on the beach...
Me, Chinese female moved from HK here, working in IT. If anyone is interested to meet up on weekends (oh, I am quite busy with work on weekdays), leave your msg here, better with contact information........

floydude

Re: New to East Coast

Postby floydude » Wed, 20 Apr 2005 4:08 pm

MusicFever wrote:Hi,

Hey MusicFever, Welcome to the east coast, the real resort living in Singapore! You are unspecific about ur condo, is it 'the bayshore' or 'Bayshore Park'. Well I stay in the later, am a guy, a graphics developer by profession. HK is far more interesting than sanitized Singapore can ever be, but then the bayshores offer interesting escapes . There's cycling/roller blading, wind surfacing and canoeing, lots of great food places(Jumbo Seafood is awesome), but nothing beats sipping a drink while watching the sun set and the tide rise at the bayshore(its actually a corner on the coast where the sea enters a mini-bay and hence the name 'Bayshore' ). Welcome again to east-coast living!

EastToo

Postby EastToo » Wed, 20 Apr 2005 6:42 pm

Hi MusicFever,

Welcome to the east, Im a malaysian, work in bank. Do quite a fair bit of running, cycling n rollerblading in ECP. 1st language cantonese too.
Maybe can do a Sunday morning blading or running.

MusicFever

Dinner on Wed (27th Apr)

Postby MusicFever » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:04 pm

Hey,
Would like to have friends for a dinner on next Wednesday (27th Apr) at 7:30pm at east coast beach food court. Any friend nearby is interested?
Cheryl

aeropriest

New to East Coast

Postby aeropriest » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:26 am

Hi There

Live in east cost, bay shore park, like to swim, skate and drink+dance (oh yeah talk about dance :P ). Also love tennis (learning and teaching both) IT professional...PM or mail to have a blast on the beach aero underscore priest at hotmail dot com

cheers
jais

MusicFever

Postby MusicFever » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 9:32 am

Hi all, would you guys wish to meet together? How about 2nd May (next Mon, holiday) lunch in bayshore pk dolphin canteen? just introduce ourselves and get to know each other.... welcome you all who posted in this forum! contact me at cheryl_an_0727 at yahoo dot com dot sg if you are interested.

floydude

Postby floydude » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 9:59 am

MusicFever wrote:Hi all, would you guys wish to meet together? How about 2nd May (next Mon, holiday) lunch in bayshore pk dolphin canteen? just introduce ourselves and get to know each other.... welcome you all who posted in this forum! contact me at cheryl_an_0727 at yahoo dot com dot sg if you are interested.

Not a bad idea! Meeting or no meeting I'm found reading the newspaper and lounging over a relaxed lunch at Dolphina anyway, on all holidays. Yeah for long weekends though, I crave to travel, so if I'm in Singapore, I'm there!

MusicFever

Postby MusicFever » Fri, 29 Apr 2005 5:09 pm

Hi all,
Lomi will join me for next Monday lunch. Floydude, can you give us a contact way so as to make the meetup easier?
Any others would like to join this simple lunch gathering? Will take you only 2 hours to know new friends... :)

floydude

Postby floydude » Fri, 29 Apr 2005 5:40 pm

MusicFever wrote:Hi all,
Lomi will join me for next Monday lunch. Floydude, can you give us a contact way so as to make the meetup easier?
Any others would like to join this simple lunch gathering? Will take you only 2 hours to know new friends... :)

just PM me you number or some contact. I am a member here, but you are not registered and giving out email/phone is not a clever idea!

cheers!
(look at the dating advertizer above, its them i need to hide my ID from ;-)

D.E.C.

Postby D.E.C. » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:02 am

Hi there~ I'm also from HK, and will be arriving in Singapore in a few weeks... I also wanted to get an apartment in east coast, how's the neighbourhood like? I've never been there before. Appreciate your advice. cheers :D

Keit

Postby Keit » Mon, 02 May 2005 1:39 am

MusicFever wrote:Hi all, would you guys wish to meet together? How about 2nd May (next Mon, holiday) lunch in bayshore pk dolphin canteen? just introduce ourselves and get to know each other.... welcome you all who posted in this forum! contact me at cheryl_an_0727 at yahoo dot com dot sg if you are interested.

hi cherly email u so is 2nd confirmed