Singapore Expats Forum

aamra kojon?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
tiktiki

aamra kojon?

Postby tiktiki » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 9:36 pm

boli emnei te to prithibi te bangali jater cchora-chori, ta ei onchole to dekha pailam na bangalir? keu bolte pare edikey bangalir shondhan koi?

jai bolo bhai, nijer bhasae ektu-aadtu kotha na koile mon ta an-chan kore, aache keu bhai/didi dada ba boudi je duta mishti desher kotha koe?

disclaimer: the message is in 'bangla' a language spoken primarily in the easter part of India and Bangladesh. The message is deliberately not translated, but then its just an invitation to the reader to repond, *if* (s)he understands the language. The disclaimer is meant to inform the webmaster and all at large that this ain't martian gobbledegook.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:20 pm

well, i cant reply in bengali tiktiki, eeks i hate tiktikis, they scare the shit out of me.

but apparently there are plents bongs in SG, u just gotta look :roll:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:20 pm

plenty*
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

tiktiki

Postby tiktiki » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:49 pm

sapphire wrote:well, i cant reply in bengali tiktiki, eeks i hate tiktikis, they scare the shit out of me.

but apparently there are plents bongs in SG, u just gotta look :roll:

durdanto khobor sapphire, strange but in the 7 months I arrived here, I haven't met one! No I'm not looking for them inside a wet-market in Chinatown, but I would say I meet a lot of desis but not bangali in particular. If there is a online group or a 'adda' haunt somewhere, would really appreciate any inputs!

robchd

ki khobor

Postby robchd » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:20 am

hi tiktiki. guess there r plenty of bengalis ard but not many to socialize.
anyways wht brings u to singapore? koren ki apni? and i must admit tht almost 3 yrs here i didnt find many deshis to socialize with. then again i been in and out of sg. weather ta ektu beshi oshojjokor dont u think?? hehe.

cheers

rob

AnilSaha

Postby AnilSaha » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:37 am

sapphire is correct. :)
Singapore-ea banagali anek ache,nearly 700 to 1000. Tobe Bangladesh-er banagali koto amar jana nei. You can have a look to our association

http://www.bengaliassociationsg.com/

rb74

Postby rb74 » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 3:54 pm

hi tiktiki,

you have managed to find one bong here !! ekhaane 4 bochhor aachhi. prochoor bangali aachhe (at least 1000), both east bengal as well as west bengal !! durgo pujo o hoye. where are you from and how long have you been here ?

cheers

rb

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 16 Aug 2006 4:17 pm

Aita to onek purono thread! Anil Saha, Durgo pujo te dekha hobe? Typing Bengali in English is damn tough!

Last year we attended for like five minutes just to offer Pushpanjali. There were so many Bongs, and yes all in queue for the food. As much as I would have liked to stay for that, just looking at the long line was enough to deter me. :lol:

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”