Singapore Expats Forum

POlice?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Innocent

POlice?

Postby Innocent » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:29 am

Hi pple... i m being pickpocket ysterday..lost my wallet and digi cam.Felt v.upset on how singapore policemen handle this case.... take them 40minx to reach the place of crime... just here to take statement and ask me to wait for call...

Do you know anywhere to speak up my mind?

Thanks....

stolen

stolen

Postby stolen » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:13 pm

Where were you pickpocketed? You should file a police report

cyber_m0nkey
Regular
Regular

Postby cyber_m0nkey » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 2:40 pm

That's terrible that you got pick-pocketted, but what do you really expect the police to do? Can you identify the person(s) that did it?

Postby Guest » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:23 am

Did you express yourself as well to them as you did here? No worries then.

Re: POlice?

Postby Guest » Thu, 05 May 2005 10:45 pm

Innocent wrote:Hi pple... i m being pickpocket ysterday..lost my wallet and digi cam.Felt v.upset on how singapore policemen handle this case.... take them 40minx to reach the place of crime... just here to take statement and ask me to wait for call...

Thanks....

Very sorry to hear about your experience :!:

Did they catch the pickpocketers :?: How much money were you carrying and did your wallet contain any personal/bank details/pin numbers :?: I know you must not write them anywhere, but some people do in case they forget them :!:

Avoid crowded places such as bus stops and shopping malls especially when the sales are on :!:

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 06 May 2005 8:33 am

Last edited by dot dot dot on Wed, 24 May 2006 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jon_yao

pickpocket in singapore

Postby jon_yao » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 4:51 pm

Just like Mr. Innocent , my wallet was pickpocketed on the last day of my vacation in Singapore. I reported it to the Police , but nothing happened.

The net cafe owner can identify the culprit but the police said that is should be caught on camera. The net cafe has no cctv but the mall has, my wallet was found on the 2nd floor of the mall accdg. to the mall security officer, all the police have to do is get the cctv tape from the mall and review the tape of the toilet where my wallet was found.

But up to now there is no development. They said that they wait for the culprit to reappear at the mall.

This is my first vacation trip in Singapore, and these unfortunate events have to happen , I was under the impression that Singapore is very safe, but I guess I was wrong.

Postby Guest » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 6:30 pm

eww...yes, singapore is quite safe...but with all those forigen worker and other ppl that likes to steal it is quite hard to guard against them...

Postby Guest » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 7:42 pm

only less than 4million ppl in a tiny island. it's an easy task.

Postby Guest » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:49 pm

There is no place in earth that is totally safe. You have to be mindful of your belonging wherever you go. Nobody is going to guarantee you that nothing bad is going to happen to you. Let's hope those who have met with some unfortunate incidents will learn their lessons well. :)

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Postby queenie-me » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:37 am

Innocent wrote:Hi pple... i m being pickpocket ysterday..lost my wallet and digi cam.Felt v.upset on how singapore policemen handle this case.... take them 40minx to reach the place of crime... just here to take statement and ask me to wait for call...

Thanks....

Shouting and making it a big deal out of it ALWAYS WORKS.

coarls

Postby coarls » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 4:05 pm

Anonymous wrote:eww...yes, singapore is quite safe...but with all those forigen worker and other ppl that likes to steal it is quite hard to guard against them...

hey bro..better watch it with saying just that...if you take away the foreign workers here in Singapore...do you really think this island can make it?? try not to generalize...

just my thoughts...this is singapore expats forum right?? :D
Ad astra per aspera...

Postby Guest » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:15 pm

coarls wrote:
Anonymous wrote:eww...yes, singapore is quite safe...but with all those forigen worker and other ppl that likes to steal it is quite hard to guard against them...

hey bro..better watch it with saying just that...if you take away the foreign workers here in Singapore...do you really think this island can make it?? try not to generalize...

just my thoughts...this is singapore expats forum right?? :D

yup. like mr. lee said, singaporeans are too proud of themselves so they like to be white collars. Without those foreign workers, no one will be collecting garbage and no one will be working in a construction site to build HDB flats.

I believe singapore police is doing great job.
Of course they are not perfect, but at least they never take under the table. look at other asian coutries like indonesia. It's chaotic.

Sonus
Regular
Regular

Postby Sonus » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 6:20 am

Hi guys, it is pointless to voice out woes here. Mights well let them know.

Enquiries, comments and feedback on SPF services:
Quality Service Manager,
Service Development & Inspectorate Department
Tel : 1800 - 358 0000
Fax : 6 256 1296
Email : spf_service_improvement_unit@spf.gov.sg
http://www.spf.gov.sg/