Singapore Expats

IT business startup. Where the best location for office & a.

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.

IT business startup. Where the best location for office &

Post by Guest » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:13 am

Hi,

I m going to start my IT business in SG soon.

Where could be the best location for the office & accomodation ?

I will be in SG probably once a week or once every 2 week, staying for 3 days. I m looking for a small office unit & a condo(1+1 will enough)

Budget for the office will be around $1000-$1500
Budget for the condo will be around $1000

The area i m currently looking at is Toa Payoh.

Suggestion & comments are welcome. THX

-Derek

I286

Re: IT business startup. Where the best location for office

Post by I286 » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:00 am

Derek,

Condo at Toa Payoh would cost you about S$1700 and you better double your office budget as well. Not sure what type and size of IT business you're talking about but it may be you don't need an office space right from the begining. Maybe those virtual offices would do just fine for you - there are plenty of them in ads and most of such offices may provide you a post address, phone services and facilities upon demand.

Diana

Space for lease

Post by Diana » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 3:36 am

Hi Derek,
We are currently subletting our office and preferbally in the IT line so as to compliment with our business. Your budget suits our current offer. Do drop me a mail at [email protected] if interested. Thanks!

Post by Guest » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:22 am

How about getting a small office, around 500-800sqft, and staying in hotel nearby?coz, as i mentioned, only once a while, i ll be in Sg..

is it a good idea.? any recommended area ?

thx

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:59 am

Consider a serviced, virtual office. You have a regular address, can rent meeting rooms, and have access to office space while in town for a reasonable rate. I use ServCorp... I rent offices myself. I am sure there are others.

bizcatalyst
Regular
Regular

Starting

Post by bizcatalyst » Sat, 14 May 2005 3:53 pm

Well, sharing an office space or taking a service office is probably the best way to go for you. As for your accomodation, S$1000 for condo in Toa Payoh,, not enough budget. You need to look at walkup apartment or increase your budget. Alternatively, stay in a hotel. Work out a regular customer rate. That may help.
Good luck.

Bizcatalyst

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 8:14 pm

Dear Commercial Realtor,

I'm sorry but your posts have been deleted. Please see our posting guidelines located at:

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/terms.htm

Thank you.

home office

Post by home office » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 3:31 pm

I started from home, i.e. a home office as there was never a need to bring customers to the office. Think about this, it saves a lot of money and your calls can be forwarded.

To rent anything here, however, you need to have at least a working permit, I believe . . .