Singapore Expats Forum

Maid's salary - how much should it be?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ricket

Postby ricket » Thu, 11 Sep 2003 9:42 pm

What's the right salary for a maid with 8 years of working experience in Singapore? My maid is asking S$400.
???

hr

Postby hr » Fri, 12 Sep 2003 3:58 pm

Guest wrote:What's the right salary for a maid with 8 years of working experience in Singapore? My maid is asking S$400.
???

is yours a indonesian or phillipino? the philipinos gets $300/- with a off day once p/mth and the indonesian gets : $230/- for a non-experience ones and $250/- for a experience ones

Postby Guest » Fri, 29 Oct 2004 3:54 pm

400 SGS/month for 8 yers experience is a market salary

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Salary for a maid

Postby Bubbles » Mon, 01 Nov 2004 5:25 am

Were those last two posts jokes? Are you kidding you lot? ONE DAY OFF A MONTH, SHAME ON YOU. And I paid mine S$450 years ago. And before you say...'Oh, she was an expat etc etc' it wasn't just that. I thought it only fair and right that she should get a PROPER wage. And to keep the poor girl in on a Sunday, well..............

Charli

Re: Salary for a maid

Postby Charli » Mon, 01 Nov 2004 2:10 pm

Then why the expat are getting higher salary and getting more benefits than a local who can perform as good as the expect.
If we have that sum of money that the expat is getting, do you think the maid will get that kind of salary too??? :evil: :cry:

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Mon, 01 Nov 2004 3:00 pm

My indonesian maid costs $250 a month + govenment fees and no off days - This can be got from any of the agencies.

I give her about $350 a month + clothes + etc - Treated like one of the family and she gets as much time off as she wants.

Up to you lah...