Singapore Expats Forum

any other curly heads out there? need tips

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

curly girl

any other curly heads out there? need tips

Postby curly girl » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 9:15 am

Has anyone got tips for me for how to style my shoulder length curly hair so it doesn't go all frizzy? Any miracle products you've found. It used to be ok in normal humidity back home, but I haven't found a product or styling trick yet to cope with the high humidity here.

Also, can you recommend a good hairstylist who knows how to cut curly hair and make it look its best?

thanks

Fuzzy

Curly hair

Postby Fuzzy » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 9:22 am

I have naturally straight hair but recently it has also turned for the worse, curly and frizzy due to the weather and sports.

Do not layer your hair if possible, I realised it get frizzier and curlier once it's short, I just trim my hair in small lengths.

I use more conditioner, triple the amount I used to put. It helps bring down the frizziness.

Another way is to use the hair straightener, but it will be very drying to the hair but at least it straightens it for the days you want it to be, Vidal Sassoon has a very good range of products.

8)

lovetotravel

Curly Hair

Postby lovetotravel » Sat, 20 May 2006 7:59 pm

Hi, I have the same problem,used to have very curly but manageble hair but now it has just gone crazy with this weather and the product I used to use from Toni&Guy they have discontinued!Now I am on a expensive spree trying to find another miracle cure for frizzies.
Porblem is that with curly hair the product needs to moisturize, seperate and define so mostly what I do now is put on lots of leave in conditioner plus serum and a defining product!Not so easy anymore having curly hair!!
Anyone with ideas and a hint on a hairdresser that can work with curly hair?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 20 May 2006 9:00 pm

Body Shop 'No Frizz' (umm, so I've heard) is quite good against the frizzes.

'nuff said Image

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sat, 20 May 2006 9:05 pm

Nothing beats the stuff they sell at Lush. Not sure the name (Mane event maybe?) but is works wonder on frizz or so my friends tell me. Too bad they closed here, I've managed to pick some of their yummy stuff up on vrious travels. I really miss that place. Frizz is not my problem, my hair is stick straight in any weather... :-|

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 20 May 2006 9:08 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:Nothing beats the stuff they sell at Lush. Not sure the name (Mane event maybe?) but is works wonder on frizz or so my friends tell me. Too bad they closed here, I've managed to pick some of their yummy stuff up on vrious travels. I really miss that place. Frizz is not my problem, my hair is stick straight in any weather... :-|

Oh, gee - - look who's a great help then!

uuuuh, could have, would have, might have, but CAN'T! [-(

'nuff said Image

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sat, 20 May 2006 9:15 pm

Oh c'mon, they sell it all over the world and they definitely ship it all over. Not my problem it didn't sell here. It is fabulous stuff. Besides, why are you commenting? I thought you wre completely bald (amongst other things) after that unfortunate trip to Chernobyl...

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 20 May 2006 9:18 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:Oh c'mon, they sell it all over the world and they definitely ship it all over. Not my problem it didn't sell here. It is fabulous stuff. Besides, why are you commenting? I thought you wre completely bald (amongst other things) after that unfortunate trip to Chernobyl...

Ah yes. That. I should have known the 'Holiday Special' was very inexpensive. Amazing how I still fathered two children . . . At least Mrs 'Cluse can always see me in the dark.

'nuff said Image

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sat, 20 May 2006 9:24 pm

OK, this thread has gone on long enough and I have Desperate Housewives to watch...

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 20 May 2006 9:29 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:OK, this thread has gone on long enough and I have Desperate Housewives to watch...

Hugs to you, Mrs Bailey. Good night.

'nuff said Image

3and2006

Postby 3and2006 » Sun, 21 May 2006 12:04 am

Try Nexxus VersaStyler..it's great! That is the only thing that works for my really curly, frizzy hair...after trying lots of products. Redken Smooth Down Shampoo....same conditioner. Good luck!!

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Sun, 21 May 2006 7:05 am

Not trying to make light of OP's problem now. On those busy days when you simply don't have time to straighten out all that fuss, why not try wrapping a scarf over your hair fashionably (not the grandmother style).

If you like, I can PM you some pics. Playing with scarf is really fun way to jazz up your appearance, aside from camouflaging unflattering physical features. One of my girlfriend was complaining about lines on her neck area. I advised her to use a scarf.

lolita_lempicka

Postby lolita_lempicka » Mon, 22 May 2006 11:48 am

:cool: :cool: :cool: that's a gud one!!really gud idea,i agree :cool: :cool: :cool:

earthfriendly wrote:Not trying to make light of OP's problem now. On those busy days when you simply don't have time to straighten out all that fuss, why not try wrapping a scarf over your hair fashionably (not the grandmother style).

If you like, I can PM you some pics. Playing with scarf is really fun way to jazz up your appearance, aside from camouflaging unflattering physical features. One of my girlfriend was complaining about lines on her neck area. I advised her to use a scarf.
That"S HoT!

That"S HoT!

lovetotravel

Lush stuff

Postby lovetotravel » Mon, 22 May 2006 1:21 pm

Is the Lush stuff you are talking about called The Strokes?

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Lush stuff

Postby Quasimodo » Mon, 22 May 2006 3:42 pm

lovetotravel wrote:Is the Lush stuff you are talking about called The Strokes?

If the strokes are lush, then yes.

If the stroker is a lush, then no.
One in the hand is worth two of something