Singapore Expats

Movies ?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
jag78
Regular
Regular

Re: New movie

Post by jag78 » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 3:09 pm

Scorpion wrote:How is the new harry porter???..

any comments.. :)
Depends on whether you've read the book. If you're not too nit-picky about it not doing justice to the book, the movie's quite entertaining. Some friends who haven't read the book didn't really understand what was going on though...a result of compressing 636 pages into 2.5 hours.

Jag

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Movie

Post by Scorpion » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 3:16 am

jag78 wrote:..
Depends on whether you've read the book. If you're not too nit-picky about it not doing justice to the book, the movie's quite entertaining. Some friends who haven't read the book didn't really understand what was going on though...a result of compressing 636 pages into 2.5 hours.
Jag
I haven't read any porter books yet, but all the 3 movies of porter was good to watch an no problem understanding it.. :(
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

jag78
Regular
Regular

Re: Movie

Post by jag78 » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:35 am

Scorpion wrote:I haven't read any porter books yet, but all the 3 movies of porter was good to watch an no problem understanding it.. :(
Then what are you waiting for :mrgreen: ! Go ahead and get potty with Potter!!

AIREX

Post by AIREX » Sat, 26 Nov 2005 2:59 am

Hi,
I would agree with jag78 that those who dun read the books will have difficulty understanding this movie. The previous three movies were alright as they did not cut away a lot of the details.
But for those who have read, it's definitely worth the time. Simply love the show! :)

chery08

Post by chery08 » Sat, 03 Dec 2005 2:33 pm

hmmm i didn't read the book but i feel i understand wat is going on though... or maybe i've misunderstood the movie?? but i feel it's not as nice as the previous ones..

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Kimi » Sun, 04 Dec 2005 9:23 pm

Rented a Spanish movie for the language but I got the bonus too as this is a beautifully depicted movie of an old couple who has been together for seemingly forever and the way the husband described how she brightened up the restaurant they ran together when they were younger and before she went senile is beautiful. Made you really wish you would find that person you would want to spend the rest of your life with and still look at you the same way even when you're already senile and wrinkled.
The movie is El Hijo de la Novia or the Son of the Bride.
The song at the end of the movie is like staring out the sea and contemplating something quiet yet beautiful, very soothing.
I think I'll start watching European movies more.
The Cathay Cineplex put the DVDs for sale during the German Film Festival too.

3-colours (de trois couleurs?), 3 French movies according to the flag is what I would recommend to. The Red is the best, again the most romantic one.
Am thinking to watch MERCREDI FOLLE JOURNÉE! next week. Anybody saw it already by any chance?

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Movie

Post by samantha » Tue, 06 Dec 2005 9:00 am

jag78 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:I haven't read any porter books yet, but all the 3 movies of porter was good to watch an no problem understanding it.. :(
Then what are you waiting for :mrgreen: ! Go ahead and get potty with Potter!!
U mean get hairy with Hairy Trotters?! haha :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...