Singapore Expats Forum

Want a baby girl

Do you have any pregnancy related queries to ask or share? Post them here.
Jeeazi

Want a baby girl

Postby Jeeazi » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:01 am

I have tree boys age 10,6,2. Am now 37 and really want a girl. Anybody out got real advise?

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:25 am

Adopt?

Jeeazi

Postby Jeeazi » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 2:18 pm

Nah - too expensive & troublesome. Also no bloodline..

Somebody advises hubby side must eat fish & vegi more & more & cut down on meat.
I heard that timing/position matters. Anybody know abt the Chinese calendar calculation?

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 5:54 pm

I can tell you, bloodline wouldn't matter at all once you had the little one.

Tipping the odds in favour of conceiving a daughter

Remember that planning a daughter takes time.
Have more children. Each additional child gives nearly a 50% chance of producing a girl.
Time the intercourse to occur right at the beginning of the fertile period. Avoid further insemination till you have crossed the predicted day of ovulation by a few days.
The tail end of a sperm swarm containing female sperm will probably fertilize the ovum around thirty six hours after intercourse. Time the special intercourse three days before you expect ovulation to take place during the first, second and third menstrual cycles. Avoid further intercourse for 4 days.
Remember that this is trial and error. Women do not ovulate with clockwork regularity. If conception does not occur after two or three attempts, try having intercourse two days before the predicted date of ovulation during the fourth, fifth and sixth menstrual cycles. Avoid intercourse for 3 days.
If the woman is still not pregnant, have intercourse one day before the expected date of ovulation. Avoid further intercourse for 2 days.
Try to time the female orgasm to occur after male ejaculation.

http://www.drjonasmethod.com/index.php? ... ces.gender

http://www.babychoice.com/

How To Have A Girl

http://www.sexselect.com/HTHAG.htm

Postby Guest » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 6:21 pm

i really doubt there is a natural method to 'tip the odds' that actually works. but i'm pretty sure that nowadays you can choose the sex of the baby when you go for artificial insamination. you should ask some clinics.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 9:26 pm

Anonymous wrote:i really doubt there is a natural method to 'tip the odds' that actually works. but i'm pretty sure that nowadays you can choose the sex of the baby when you go for artificial insamination. you should ask some clinics.

You are wrong. There are quite a few things that can improve the odds, although none of them is one hundred percent.

To the best of my knowledge there is no way yet of separating male and female sperm. Do you have knowledge to the contrary?