Singapore Expats Forum

New SARS case found.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

stratus
Regular
Regular

Postby stratus » Wed, 10 Sep 2003 5:55 am

As above. There it goes again, sighz time to prepare all the thermometers and masks.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories....ml

check out the website for the lastest news on it.

Remember precaution is better than cure.

Azriel

Postby Azriel » Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:19 am

It had just gotten to the point where you could clear your throat in a cab without the driver rolling the window down and handing you a mask. :(

I wish someone would come up with a better mask. I got a cold during the Sars outbreak and had to go to the doctor. I wore a mask and it made me crazy. First of all it only comes in one size which is way too freaking big. Second it's so hot and stuffy. They make those cooling gel packs. I wish someone would stick some of that in a mask or something to make it feel cooler and more comfortable to wear. How do doctors and nurses stand to wear those things all the time?

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby joop » Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:12 am

Dear Azriel,

I totally agree. The masks are designed terribly and I don't understand how the doctors and nurses could wear them for so many hours. We could suffocate to it.

Hope the case an isolated one and hope this guy's not spread it to others.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Dating | Forum | Property

stratus
Regular
Regular

Postby stratus » Wed, 10 Sep 2003 3:09 pm

Sincerely hope so too, the outbreak of SARS will bring down the economy again, sighz. Hope tat guy will recover as well.
I will try to keep up with the updates.