Singapore Expats

PR Chance 2024

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
sgnewbie76
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 31 May 2024 9:07 pm

Re: PR Chance 2024

Post by sgnewbie76 » Fri, 07 Jun 2024 10:34 pm

d34th_90 wrote:
Mon, 13 May 2024 11:25 pm
Hi guys, I am new to the forum and would like to get advice for my spouse’s PR citizenship.
Hi, our profiles are very similar with a few slight differences. My husband is a Chinese Singapore Citizen. I am Vietnamese-American. We got married April 2023 and applied for my PR Nov 2023 so basically we were married for only 7 months. My PR application was approved a week ago. :D You can click on my profile to see my post for more details about my journey from LTVP to PR if you're curious.

All the best for your wife's journey to PR!

User avatar
AmrendraSingh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 10 Jun 2024 7:49 pm

Re: PR Chance 2024

Post by AmrendraSingh » Mon, 10 Jun 2024 8:15 pm

Hello Friends,

Please share your opinion on my chances of getting a PR. Here is my profile. Looking for Frank opinion if there are real chances and I should keep on trying or better to look at alternatives

1. 41 yr, Indian
2. 180k base salary. Working as Data Management Lead in MNC bank for 2 yrs. Prior to that in same bank for 14 yrs in IT. 16 years in Singapore
3. Graduate in Comp Sc
4. Son going to International School P3
5. Volunteering a donating small amounts regularly for 2-3 yrs
6. Spouse is 36 yrs. Working as HR recruiter. In Singapore Post marriage for 12 yrs. Masters in HR. Salary 70K base.
7. Applied 4 times. Each time rejected after 7-9 months when I shared some updates with ICA.

Apple007
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:07 am

Re: PR Chance 2024

Post by Apple007 » Fri, 14 Jun 2024 7:47 pm

Hi all,

We applied last November 2023 and it is currently "Pending". Submit documents button disappeared last week.

While we wait, would appreciate your input regarding our PR approval chances:

Applied as a family (myself, wife and kid) under PTS scheme

Husband (main applicant - me):
- Indian (Tamil)
- 32 yo
- Bachelors degree from an Indian university
- S Pass since 2014
- annual $101K
- Automation engineer (senior) at Manufacturing company (US MNC) since 2021
- married on 2018

Wife:
- Indian (Tamil)
- 25 yo
- holding Dependent pass since Aug 2023 and we are residing together in Singapore.(we stayed together in Singapore for 1.5 years during Covid period under visit pass)
- bachelors degree from an Indian university
- Not working (House wife)

- 1 kid, 2.5 yo male, born in India. In Dependent pass since Aug 2023 and residing with us.

Thanks

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4311
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: PR Chance 2024

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 20 Jun 2024 11:02 pm

Apple007 wrote:
Fri, 14 Jun 2024 7:47 pm
Hi all,

We applied last November 2023 and it is currently "Pending". Submit documents button disappeared last week.

While we wait, would appreciate your input regarding our PR approval chances:

Applied as a family (myself, wife and kid) under PTS scheme

Husband (main applicant - me):
- Indian (Tamil)
- 32 yo
- Bachelors degree from an Indian university
- S Pass since 2014
- annual $101K
- Automation engineer (senior) at Manufacturing company (US MNC) since 2021
- married on 2018

Wife:
- Indian (Tamil)
- 25 yo
- holding Dependent pass since Aug 2023 and we are residing together in Singapore.(we stayed together in Singapore for 1.5 years during Covid period under visit pass)
- bachelors degree from an Indian university
- Not working (House wife)

- 1 kid, 2.5 yo male, born in India. In Dependent pass since Aug 2023 and residing with us.

Thanks
Very low chance and hope to be wrong here.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4311
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: PR Chance 2024

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 20 Jun 2024 11:03 pm

AmrendraSingh wrote:
Mon, 10 Jun 2024 8:15 pm
Hello Friends,

Please share your opinion on my chances of getting a PR. Here is my profile. Looking for Frank opinion if there are real chances and I should keep on trying or better to look at alternatives

1. 41 yr, Indian
2. 180k base salary. Working as Data Management Lead in MNC bank for 2 yrs. Prior to that in same bank for 14 yrs in IT. 16 years in Singapore
3. Graduate in Comp Sc
4. Son going to International School P3
5. Volunteering a donating small amounts regularly for 2-3 yrs
6. Spouse is 36 yrs. Working as HR recruiter. In Singapore Post marriage for 12 yrs. Masters in HR. Salary 70K base.
7. Applied 4 times. Each time rejected after 7-9 months when I shared some updates with ICA.
When was your last rejection and what was your role and salary at that time?

Apple007
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:07 am

Re: PR Chance 2024

Post by Apple007 » Sun, 23 Jun 2024 4:39 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 20 Jun 2024 11:02 pm
Apple007 wrote:
Fri, 14 Jun 2024 7:47 pm
Hi all,

We applied last November 2023 and it is currently "Pending". Submit documents button disappeared last week.

While we wait, would appreciate your input regarding our PR approval chances:

Applied as a family (myself, wife and kid) under PTS scheme

Husband (main applicant - me):
- Indian (Tamil)
- 32 yo
- Bachelors degree from an Indian university
- S Pass since 2014
- annual $101K
- Automation engineer (senior) at Manufacturing company (US MNC) since 2021
- married on 2018

Wife:
- Indian (Tamil)
- 25 yo
- holding Dependent pass since Aug 2023 and we are residing together in Singapore.(we stayed together in Singapore for 1.5 years during Covid period under visit pass)
- bachelors degree from an Indian university
- Not working (House wife)

- 1 kid, 2.5 yo male, born in India. In Dependent pass since Aug 2023 and residing with us.

Thanks
Very low chance and hope to be wrong here.
Thank you so much for the response. Actually it got rejected last week. Please advise what shall I can do to improve my profile? It was our 7th time application which was rejected. Applying since got married.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4311
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: PR Chance 2024

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 23 Jun 2024 10:13 pm

Apple007 wrote:
Sun, 23 Jun 2024 4:39 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 20 Jun 2024 11:02 pm
Apple007 wrote:
Fri, 14 Jun 2024 7:47 pm
Hi all,

We applied last November 2023 and it is currently "Pending". Submit documents button disappeared last week.

While we wait, would appreciate your input regarding our PR approval chances:

Applied as a family (myself, wife and kid) under PTS scheme

Husband (main applicant - me):
- Indian (Tamil)
- 32 yo
- Bachelors degree from an Indian university
- S Pass since 2014
- annual $101K
- Automation engineer (senior) at Manufacturing company (US MNC) since 2021
- married on 2018

Wife:
- Indian (Tamil)
- 25 yo
- holding Dependent pass since Aug 2023 and we are residing together in Singapore.(we stayed together in Singapore for 1.5 years during Covid period under visit pass)
- bachelors degree from an Indian university
- Not working (House wife)

- 1 kid, 2.5 yo male, born in India. In Dependent pass since Aug 2023 and residing with us.

Thanks
Very low chance and hope to be wrong here.
Thank you so much for the response. Actually it got rejected last week. Please advise what shall I can do to improve my profile? It was our 7th time application which was rejected. Applying since got married.
Not going to be easy
- You need to move to an EP first and be on it for 3-5 years
- Salary has to increase significantly

only after the above 2 you will have a small chance.

Apple007
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:07 am

Re: PR Chance 2024

Post by Apple007 » Sun, 23 Jun 2024 10:38 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 23 Jun 2024 10:13 pm
Apple007 wrote:
Sun, 23 Jun 2024 4:39 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 20 Jun 2024 11:02 pm

Very low chance and hope to be wrong here.
Thank you so much for the response. Actually it got rejected last week. Please advise what shall I can do to improve my profile? It was our 7th time application which was rejected. Applying since got married.
Not going to be easy
- You need to move to an EP first and be on it for 3-5 years
- Salary has to increase significantly

only after the above 2 you will have a small chance.
Thank you for the valuable feedback. Much appreciated! I will work on it to get my EP and improve my salary.

User avatar
roslind.fong
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 10:49 am

Re: PR Chance 2024

Post by roslind.fong » Fri, 05 Jul 2024 2:28 am

More applicants with a son or two get approved I noticed .

d34th_90
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 13 May 2024 11:00 pm

Re: PR Chance 2024

Post by d34th_90 » Sun, 21 Jul 2024 11:00 am

do appreciate all the comments and feedbacks from the post.

I did not mean to incite any conflicts within my post but rather look upon the internet for similar cases to strengthen my resolve.

I am actually aware that the call Center individuals are customer service rather than ICA officers. I think we can look at it from different angles. From a pessimistic perspective, perhaps trusting an individual on the phone may be naive. However, I prefer to look at it from an optimistic point, and if ICA customer service were giving bad advice, then perhaps procedures need to be reviewed from a organisational standpoint.

I do wanted to ask from the forums:

(1) Do multiple PR application repeatedly hurt the overall outcome of chances or is that just a rumour?

Once Again, I thank everyone for their comments and feedback and will continue to update on our status.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40470
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Chance 2024

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 21 Jul 2024 2:56 pm

It would depend on several factors.....

1. subsequent applications are usually ignored/rejected out of hand if the data contained therein is nothing more than inconsequential things like COLAs (cost of living increases at work) but a major uplift due to promotion and say a better than 20~25% increase will help (but is not the be all or end all) It will be weighed and given a numerical number as is everything else in the application before it is scrutinized by "actual reasoning" as opposed to getting into the door with a magical number that is always changing depending on what the government wants to set their sights on at any given point in time.

2. As mentioned, applicant & spouse if neither are SGC, will definitely look at, again for several reasons (which ones outweigh the others is subjective for mere mortals like you and I. ICA keeps their cards VERY close to their collective chests (and I'm sure you can see the reason why just by reading a month's worth of posts on this forum). Age, if childless at say 45 probably will not get a pass. Children not included on the application probably no pass, Spouse not working as well with no children or grown children and in good health, due to age, maybe no pass but if not included also no pass. The reason for this is the aging population and the skyrocketing costs of medical care and the already straining seams of the government trying to keep medical costs affordable. Add to that, as EP holders you were not contributing to CPF, as elderly PR's you will probably not have enough your CPF to support you once you can no longer work (regardless of the huge medical subsidies received by SGC. PR had their subsidies severely curtailed probably 15 years ago. As an example an MRI is a minimum of around 1200 SGD before subsidies. for SGC that 1200 bill axes down to around net for the SGC of $300. For a PR the net costs is 900+. EP or others full cost. So if you are getting up in age, due to the stresses in the world today, You become a cost risk to the government, not a potential asset to the country. Immigration is not an open door policy, you have to show the government that you are an asset (Not to yourself but to the government - paying income taxes and buying property is only an asset to yourself).

3. The reason children are so important is obvious. With the declining birth numbers they need a way to replenish the military AND to provide future baby ovens.

4. There are many more but a lot of this (like assimilation, for instance) are harder to quantify but the same time are, depending on a lot of related things, almost as important or can put the final star on a application. It all relevant to "what can you contribute to the NATION."

5. With regard to applications, recommended is 2 years from last rejection (not application). But without some new positively-related to items 1~4, It will appear that you are rushing and they will be wondering as this is been the normal here for the 20 years I've been on this forum and as far back as 1988 when I applied for PR the 1st time. Like a computer database, same garbage in, same garbage out. (eventually I waited 5 years and got it in 1995-still only a PR but have never applied for SGC).

Sorry for the length, but I've always been long-winded when trying to explain anything in detail.

SMS
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests