Singapore Expats Forum

Pool/Billiards

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ac

Pool/Billiards

Postby ac » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:22 pm

Hey everyone,

i'm looking for a place to play pool/billiards with decent equipment and where i can also enjoy a smoke and a beer. Now if this place is located near clarke quai it would be perfect but any central location will do. Thanks!

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 9:50 pm

Try Beavers on Liang Seah Street opposite the Bugis Junction Shopping Centre - Nice atmosphere 8)

1cue

Postby 1cue » Thu, 14 Apr 2005 1:02 pm

If its pool u like, go to a pub called East Side, next to Siam Supper Club along Mohd Sultan Road on Fridays and Saturdays. It can be very crowded there, but they have top notch players during the weekend. Look out for this guy called Mike - he's magician on the pool table.

DimWit Kid
Chatter
Chatter

Postby DimWit Kid » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:47 pm

Anybody wants to play together... kinda missing a decent game. Previous sparring partner has gone back out. I'm not a "master" but I play a decent 8/9 ball.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:53 pm

Beavers? I just don't know what to make of a name like that.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:21 am

Strong Eagle wrote:Beavers? I just don't know what to make of a name like that.

Nice pub - Named fter some bars in US I think.

Pun on name intended by the owners mate :wink:

dchasser

Postby dchasser » Sat, 14 May 2005 2:42 pm

i play now and then, alot less than i used to
but we can meet up for pool/snooker no prob gimme a msg

Imran

SwingMonkey

Pool...

Postby SwingMonkey » Sat, 14 May 2005 7:45 pm

Best place I've found for pool in Singapore in 5 years, new pub called 'Baize' at Clarke Quay... Chill out bar, great decor, nice atmosphere, with two large pool hall sections.... not allowed to smoke over the tables (they have *seriously* nice equipment) but can drink. It's a 'rent-the-table', not 'winner stays, challenger pays' scenario but great if your playing with friends. One section is $20 hour, the other is $12 per hour. A little expensive compared to some other places, but the place is worth it, IMHO :P

If it's pub scene you want, there's lots :P Bobby Rubino in Chijmes is good, I tend to base my choice more on the music the pub is playing :D

Andyes, I'm moderately fanatical, reasonably good, and prepared to play anyone, anytime, so drop me a note if anyone want a game (or twenty... or thirty :P)
Putting the 'fun' back in Dys-FUN-ctional :P