Singapore Expats

How to watch MAN ON THE RUN film for free? (I only have laptop)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
musical box
Regular
Regular

How to watch MAN ON THE RUN film for free? (I only have laptop)

Post by musical box » Tue, 09 Jan 2024 5:12 pm

Can you legally download films from NETFLIX? My friend has NETFLIX not me.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: How to watch MAN ON THE RUN film for free? (I only have laptop)

Post by malcontent » Tue, 09 Jan 2024 11:56 pm

When you install the Netflix app on your device and log into your account, there is a download feature in the app. This does not download the actual movie file for you to keep in your personal archives — it downloads within the app so you can watch it offline. The download expires after 30 days, if you don’t watch it. Once you start watching the download, it will expire faster (I can’t recall if it’s 24,48 or 96 hours) — so better not to watch until you are ready. However, after it expires you can download it again.

Of course all of this is totally legal, it’s similar to what happens when you rent a movie online, except with Netflix, you’ve already paid for access to the whole library.

I know some people do not like this set-up and always want to download for keeps, but the only legal way to do that is to buy the download, which is much more expensive. These same people usually never end up watching it, so I would suggest the desire might be psychological.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr