Singapore Expats Forum

Endau Rompin National Park trip

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
floydude

Endau Rompin National Park trip

Postby floydude » Tue, 12 Apr 2005 4:01 pm

Hey there,
anybody interested to make a back-packers trip to Endau Rompin in Johor Malaysia? Saw some adverts about the park in a recent travel fair at Suntec, the place sure looks like it has abundant rainforests, great wildlife and basic facilities, which is as much civilization as I would want to see in one of the world's oldest living rain-forests.

You can mail me at floydude@gmail.com or drop in your suggestions/ideas here. My guess, this weekend should be enough. Just pack in a change of clothes, insect repellants, maps and cameras.

cheers,
-/\=

trekker

its wild, literaaly

Postby trekker » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:25 am

...had a great trek though the forest, i say dont consider less than three days, take a forst guide, it helps. Its a refreshing experience, after all the artifice and discipline of living in Singapore. I took a bus from KL but realised its closer and faster by boat/bus from Singapore to Mersing and beyond into the forest.

floydude

warming up

Postby floydude » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 4:47 pm

Hey there,
things are warming up a bit, still in research stage, (haven't found a single account of backpacking in Endau Rompin yet) but if there are arranged tours by tour ops, there can be one back-packing as well!

sneak peak into the research, the forests are over a million years old, virgin landscape with some rock formations dated 248 god-damned million years! The forests are also home to one of Malaysia's primitive aborigines, the Orang Asli's. All within 5 hours from CBD, the god's must be crazy!

4 people have signed up yet, a few more would be merrier. if you are interested, drop in a mail/PM. cheers!

(I should mention the place is not the usual picknicker's paradise, and the treks can get rough and would require lots of stamina)

tangerika
Regular
Regular

Postby tangerika » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 9:37 am

Have you done this already?
I would like to know more about it... read about the park yesterday, sounds cool!

violet76

Re: warming up

Postby violet76 » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 9:42 am

floydude wrote:Hey there,
things are warming up a bit, still in research stage, (haven't found a single account of backpacking in Endau Rompin yet) but if there are arranged tours by tour ops, there can be one back-packing as well!

sneak peak into the research, the forests are over a million years old, virgin landscape with some rock formations dated 248 god-damned million years! The forests are also home to one of Malaysia's primitive aborigines, the Orang Asli's. All within 5 hours from CBD, the god's must be crazy!

4 people have signed up yet, a few more would be merrier. if you are interested, drop in a mail/PM. cheers!

(I should mention the place is not the usual picknicker's paradise, and the treks can get rough and would require lots of stamina)

\

hi hi.
am interested but when do you intend to go?
i nearly went , three yrs ago when i was near KL and Cameron island but due t lack of timing i didnt go to this national park..