Singapore Expats

LTVP 2023

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
oliviaau1188

LTVP 2023

Post by oliviaau1188 » Fri, 09 Jun 2023 4:07 pm

Hi guys. Recently I've applied LTVP for my husband & I would like to share the process with anyone whose applying it hoping it can help clear some confusion.

I'm SC & hubby is malaysian WP. Applied PMLA & it was successful hence proceeded to apply for LTVP.

The first time I applied for LTVP it was unsuccessful as I wasn't working & was pregnant at the point of time (I was stupid to apply knowing I wasn't working =D> ).ICA mentioned that if there are any changes in my circumstances, I can apply again.

Please note that sponsor would need to have stable income, so if any case if ICA decide to repatriate your partner you are able to come up with the amount.

After giving birth, I found a job. I've got a company employment letter and 3months payslips hence decided to apply again.

May 18 2023: Send in application for LTVP
May 19 2023: Received ICA's email: We have received your application for a Long-Term Visit Pass. Your application may take up to 6 weeks to be processed. Please ensure that you have a valid immigration pass to remain in Singapore. *Please note that if you do PMLA, it will take 6weeks to process, if you did not do PMLA, it can take up to 6months to process*
1 June 2023: Received ICA's email: Require further document ( I submitted it on the day itself)
3 June 2023: Received ICA's email: Application has been approved in principal (pending document)
I'm instructed to download a Term & Condition Form, sign and submit document on the day itself.
4 June 2023: Received ICA's email: Your Application is approved in principle (documents received). The submitted documents are receiving attention.
8 June 2023: Received ICA's email: Application is approved in principle (pending payment) I'm required to pay $60 issurance fee. I pay it on the spot.

After payment, status straight away changed to "We are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved in principle."

There is an IPA letter comes with instruction for completion of formalities. I made an appointment with ICA.
ICA did not mentioned anything about medical checkup because my hubby just started work as a WP holder and he had done body checkup, so ICA didn't required him to go for it.

We're required to bring Applicant's passport, D/E Card or WP card, Sponsor IC & a passport photo of Applicant.

Good Luck!

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: LTVP 2023

Post by malcontent » Fri, 09 Jun 2023 9:43 pm

Similar case with my SIL when she moved from SF to SG with her husband. She had to show regular employment before his LTVP was approved.

When/if my turn comes, I will be applying for an LTVP under my wife or daughter. Who knows what the policies will be by then, in the year 2030 or so. I’ve gotten a lot of rejections over the years, so I’m prepared for that too.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

lynn.feb

Re: LTVP 2023

Post by lynn.feb » Sat, 03 Feb 2024 4:56 pm

Don't resign until LTVP formalities is completed. You need to submit your proof of employment, payslips after In-principal approval.

Btw i'm currently waiting for my parent's renewal. It's taking longer than last time, 8 weeks already. Have you seen anyone talking about this in any other forums?