Singapore Expats

Singpass account migration after gotten PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
irtoab

Singpass account migration after gotten PR

Post by irtoab » Tue, 30 May 2023 10:44 pm

Hi everyone,

Mandatory "asking for a friend". My friend was holding EP and everything is tied to her Singpass account under the FIN number. After getting PR, she could log in into her new Singpass account with the new NRIC number. However, she doesn't know what she needs to do next, the situation:
- Her Singapore driving license & tax ID are still tied to the old FIN number
- She can't log out of the Singpass app on the phone to use it as 2FA for new Singpass account
- She knows she will need to write in to all the banks to update her details.

My question is, is there any comprehensive guide for her to followm or anything else for her to take note? She worries that she will miss out something.

Thank you in advance.

pp88

Re: Singpass account migration after gotten PR

Post by pp88 » Wed, 31 May 2023 12:12 pm

I just recently went through this.

1) For IRAS, it will happen automatically. You will be able to access IRAS system using new SingPass. However, initially the old NOA will be unavailable. There is a link to request IRAS to merge the accounts:
https://form.gov.sg/5fd0e4ddc16d9d0011e63a25 (input NRIC, and second answer as YES and input previous FIN number)

2) For 2FA for new SingPass, you need to uninstall the app and clear cache on phone, then reinstall it. Should be able to use the phone number then to activate SingPass. The new SingPass account will be automatically registered after NRIC is issued. (previously there was more complex procedure for this)

3) Most other places, like CDP, banks, insurance, will need to update using their forms for particulars or in some cases MyInfo and SingPass.

Hope it helps.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 31 May 2023 12:59 pm

viewtopic.php?t=135114

Can check out this thread.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 31 May 2023 3:38 pm

I also posted about my husband’s admin matters after getting PR.