New Born Baby Visa

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Milu_kaka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 1:56 am

New Born Baby Visa

Post by Milu_kaka » Sun, 28 May 2023 12:44 am

Hi everybody ,
I am a PR holder. My wife holds a DP.
I recently had a baby boy who was born outside of Singapore. Could anyone advise what are the visa requirements and how to go about it. I was thinking getting a DP for him. Any advise much appreciated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10052
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: New Born Baby Visa

Post by x9200 » Sun, 28 May 2023 8:51 am

Milu_kaka wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 12:44 am
Hi everybody ,
I am a PR holder. My wife holds a DP.
I recently had a baby boy who was born outside of Singapore. Could anyone advise what are the visa requirements and how to go about it. I was thinking getting a DP for him. Any advise much appreciated.
DP does not go with PR so either you are not a PR or your wife holds no DP. LTVP perhaps?
Assuming you are a PR, you can apply for LTVP or PR for him.
https://www.ica.gov.sg/reside/LTVP/apply

Milu_kaka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 1:56 am

Re: New Born Baby Visa

Post by Milu_kaka » Sun, 28 May 2023 8:56 am

x9200 wrote:
Milu_kaka wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 12:44 am
Hi everybody ,
I am a PR holder. My wife holds a DP.
I recently had a baby boy who was born outside of Singapore. Could anyone advise what are the visa requirements and how to go about it. I was thinking getting a DP for him. Any advise much appreciated.
DP does not go with PR so either you are not a PR or your wife holds no DP. LTVP perhaps?
Assuming you are a PR, you can apply for LTVP or PR for him.
https://www.ica.gov.sg/reside/LTVP/apply
You are right ,I believe I was confused. I’m a PR holder and my wife is LTVP under me. Is there any specific documentation or medial certs that are required for infants for LTVP application?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2348
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Answers: 3
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: New Born Baby Visa

Post by malcontent » Sun, 28 May 2023 10:36 am

Milu_kaka wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 8:56 am
x9200 wrote:
Milu_kaka wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 12:44 am
Hi everybody ,
I am a PR holder. My wife holds a DP.
I recently had a baby boy who was born outside of Singapore. Could anyone advise what are the visa requirements and how to go about it. I was thinking getting a DP for him. Any advise much appreciated.
DP does not go with PR so either you are not a PR or your wife holds no DP. LTVP perhaps?
Assuming you are a PR, you can apply for LTVP or PR for him.
https://www.ica.gov.sg/reside/LTVP/apply
You are right ,I believe I was confused. I’m a PR holder and my wife is LTVP under me. Is there any specific documentation or medial certs that are required for infants for LTVP application?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The infant needs a birth cert and a passport. I don’t recall that anything else is needed.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Milu_kaka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 1:56 am

Re: New Born Baby Visa

Post by Milu_kaka » Sun, 28 May 2023 2:18 pm

malcontent wrote:
Milu_kaka wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 8:56 am
x9200 wrote: DP does not go with PR so either you are not a PR or your wife holds no DP. LTVP perhaps?
Assuming you are a PR, you can apply for LTVP or PR for him.
https://www.ica.gov.sg/reside/LTVP/apply
You are right ,I believe I was confused. I’m a PR holder and my wife is LTVP under me. Is there any specific documentation or medial certs that are required for infants for LTVP application?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The infant needs a birth cert and a passport. I don’t recall that anything else is needed.
Great , thank you for the information


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5821
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: New Born Baby Visa

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 28 May 2023 4:43 pm

If you're a PR, you might want to consider getting PR for the baby as well as opposed to LTVP.

User avatar
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2348
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Answers: 3
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: New Born Baby Visa

Post by malcontent » Sun, 28 May 2023 9:28 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 4:43 pm
If you're a PR, you might want to consider getting PR for the baby as well as opposed to LTVP.
If set on sinking roots here and pursuing citizenship for the whole family, then it’s a no brainer — apply at birth, because that shows commitment toward the goal.

However, if the chances of that happening are nil and that is not the goal — think twice, as it could give the son a black mark. Things are complicated here; look before you leap.

The policy of sharper differentiation has made it much more of an all or nothing decision. Three of my nephews got citizenship last year; they are almost done with school and doing NS either way… they should have done it a lot sooner — it was a no brainer.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5821
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: New Born Baby Visa

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 28 May 2023 9:34 pm

malcontent wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 9:28 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 4:43 pm
If you're a PR, you might want to consider getting PR for the baby as well as opposed to LTVP.
If set on sinking roots here and pursuing citizenship for the whole family, then it’s a no brainer — apply at birth, because that shows commitment toward the goal.

However, if the chances of that happening are nil and that is not the goal — think twice, as it could give the son a black mark. Things are complicated here; look before you leap.

The policy of sharper differentiation has made it much more of an all or nothing decision. Three of my nephews got citizenship last year; they are almost done with school and doing NS either way… they should have done it a lot sooner — it was a no brainer.
True, it's a decision that shouldn't be taken lightly. But if OP is firm that SG is the place to be long-term, it's best to apply now, as it gives the baby the best chance of success.

Milu_kaka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 1:56 am

Re: New Born Baby Visa

Post by Milu_kaka » Sun, 28 May 2023 9:40 pm

Thank you both for sharing this information, I’ve been in Sg for 17yrs and I tried for citizenship once and I got rejected after 18 months . It didn’t cross my mind to apply PR for my son and now come to think of it , I’m just worried that even if I to consider PR for my son since this is pretty much my home now. If it takes a long period of time, he will be left with no visa and that will put us in a tight spot. But thank you for the insight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2348
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Answers: 3
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: New Born Baby Visa

Post by malcontent » Mon, 29 May 2023 1:03 am

Milu_kaka wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 9:40 pm
Thank you both for sharing this information, I’ve been in Sg for 17yrs and I tried for citizenship once and I got rejected after 18 months . It didn’t cross my mind to apply PR for my son and now come to think of it , I’m just worried that even if I to consider PR for my son since this is pretty much my home now. If it takes a long period of time, he will be left with no visa and that will put us in a tight spot. But thank you for the insight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After 17 years that is what can happen, you forget to worry or think ahead. If you are sure you are staying, might as well go for it.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5821
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: New Born Baby Visa

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 29 May 2023 3:55 pm

Milu_kaka wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 9:40 pm
Thank you both for sharing this information, I’ve been in Sg for 17yrs and I tried for citizenship once and I got rejected after 18 months . It didn’t cross my mind to apply PR for my son and now come to think of it , I’m just worried that even if I to consider PR for my son since this is pretty much my home now. If it takes a long period of time, he will be left with no visa and that will put us in a tight spot. But thank you for the insight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How long ago did you apply for citizenship?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5821
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: New Born Baby Visa

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 29 May 2023 3:56 pm

malcontent wrote:
Mon, 29 May 2023 1:03 am
Milu_kaka wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 9:40 pm
Thank you both for sharing this information, I’ve been in Sg for 17yrs and I tried for citizenship once and I got rejected after 18 months . It didn’t cross my mind to apply PR for my son and now come to think of it , I’m just worried that even if I to consider PR for my son since this is pretty much my home now. If it takes a long period of time, he will be left with no visa and that will put us in a tight spot. But thank you for the insight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After 17 years that is what can happen, you forget to worry or think ahead. If you are sure you are staying, might as well go for it.
Right, it's the absolute worst when you build a life here and truly regard this place as your home only to be told you can't stay here anymore. Best to plan ahead to avoid this.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests