Singapore Expats

PR Rejected - Appeal Chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: PR Rejected - Appeal Chances

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 27 May 2023 10:15 pm

pacoeta wrote:
Sat, 27 May 2023 5:12 pm
Dracc wrote:
Sat, 27 May 2023 4:48 pm
I think the general understanding is PR application is considerably easier for Malaysian Chinese, as long as you show willingness to sink roots.

I think the general understanding is PR application is considerably easier for Malaysian Chinese, as long as you show willingness to sink roots.

Did you provide any info of your sis in your original application?
Hey Dracc, thanks for responding - that was my thought initially as well.

So the application itself seems to only ask for further information if your sibling is a Singapore Citizen (I.e. IC number) but no option to declare sibling’s permanent residence so I wasn’t really able to declare this information during the application itself. All I was able to do was state I have a sister and her name but nothing else that would indicate her PR status

Do you reckon that I will be able to appeal with this information that wasn’t included in the original application? Appreciate your thoughts in this, many thanks in advance
Seems highly unlikely that this information will do anything in terms of boosting your chances.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 May 2023 4:54 pm

pacoeta wrote:
Sat, 27 May 2023 5:07 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 27 May 2023 3:23 pm
Should have still waiting until the generally accepted minimum period of residency here (EP) is 24 months in duration. While he meets all the other criteria there have been a number of M'sian Chinese who have tried to jump the gun on the working duration here over the past three years and have been rejected. I doubt the immigration fine would have had any real bearing on it as it was actually the employer's fault which is why they paid the fine.
Hey sundaymorningstaple - big fan of your contributions to the forum here

Do agree with you that the immigration fine likely have no impact given that the EP has been renewed successfully since then.

In your opinion, what would be the wisest next step for me, if the objective is to still get the PR and settle in Singapore for the good run? Appreciate your thoughts on this 🙏🏻
pacoeta, success is virtually a given, however, you cannot push the envelope as they have to try their very best not to show the obvious favoritism to M'sian Chinese although everybody knows about it. As it is, they already have lower entry requirements (but not shown and never has been shown on the website, the lower entry requirements with regard to salary & education).

I concur with MOCHS & Lisa's assessments. Play by the book as it is currently interpreted. It's not a game of cards or dice so it doesn't pay to gamble. Time is actually on your side. Trying to rush it will end up costing you more time in the long run.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 28 May 2023 11:10 pm

Sun, 28 May 2023 4:54 pm
pacoeta wrote:
Sat, 27 May 2023 3:23 pm
Should have still waiting until the generally accepted minimum period of residency here (EP) is 24 months in duration. While he meets all the other criteria there have been a number of M'sian Chinese who have tried to jump the gun on the working duration here over the past three years and have been rejected. I doubt the immigration fine would have had any real bearing on it as it was actually the employer's fault which is why they paid the fine.

Do agree with you that the immigration fine likely have no impact given that the EP has been renewed successfully since then.

In your opinion, what would be the wisest next step for me, if the objective is to still get the PR and settle in Singapore for the good run? Appreciate your thoughts on this 🙏🏻
pacoeta, success is virtually a given, however, you cannot push the envelope as they have to try their very best not to show the obvious favoritism to M'sian Chinese although everybody knows about it. As it is, they already have lower entry requirements (but not shown and never has been shown on the website, the lower entry requirements with regard to salary & education).

I concur with MOCHS & Lisa's assessments. Play by the book as it is currently interpreted. It's not a game of cards or dice so it doesn't pay to gamble. Time is actually on your side. Trying to rush it will end up costing you more time in the long run.
Agreed, I think it's so easy to feel like you need to rush the process, but a lot of times that sets you back further as each rejection resets the clock.

pacoeta

Post by pacoeta » Mon, 29 May 2023 2:18 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 11:10 pm
Sun, 28 May 2023 4:54 pm
pacoeta wrote:

Agreed, I think it's so easy to feel like you need to rush the process, but a lot of times that sets you back further as each rejection resets the clock.

Thank you so so so much all - @sundaymorningstaple @MOCHS @Lisafuller @Therat @Dracc, really appreciate all the input from the forum's "elders". I've thought through the options and will be following your advice - to wait and reapply again. Will start another thread once that happens - wish me luck! 💪💪

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 29 May 2023 4:14 pm

Best of luck! Do update us.