Singapore Expats

Man found living in Hillview drain

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Man found living in Hillview drain

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 30 May 2023 10:26 pm

tiktok wrote:
Tue, 30 May 2023 8:08 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 29 May 2023 4:16 pm
I actually know who you're talking about, it's the 7-Eleven along Chu Lin Road, right?
Yes, that's the one. I always wondered where he sleeps.
Me too. I think there is a small alley behind the 7-Eleven, close to the outdoor dining area of Cacio e Pepe, but I'm not sure as I've never really looked. He's always there though, which is very out of place as the neighborhood is pretty upscale. Not sure why he wouldn't seek help from the government, but I'm sure he has his reasons.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 31 May 2023 3:05 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 30 May 2023 10:23 pm
x9200 wrote:
Tue, 30 May 2023 8:00 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 4:37 pm

Wow, I never knew about this. I always assumed that the highway was nothing but cars like the PIE, didn't know there were trails nearby. I did know that there was a trail leading to dairy farm from Bukit timah Hill, but I'm not sure if it's the same one you're referring to.
Different, but all are interconnected this or that way.
Very cool, I might have to check that out soon. I've got a friend who just moved into the Cashew area and has been begging me to take a ride with her.
It's really nice all around that area, perhaps not after heavy rain as most of the tracks would get muddy.
Actually it goes beyond Mandai Rd (huge area opposite to the zoo) where many of the paths are tarmac.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 31 May 2023 3:15 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 30 May 2023 10:26 pm
tiktok wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 29 May 2023 4:16 pm
I actually know who you're talking about, it's the 7-Eleven along Chu Lin Road, right?
Me too. I think there is a small alley behind the 7-Eleven, close to the outdoor dining area of Cacio e Pepe, but I'm not sure as I've never really looked. He's always there though, which is very out of place as the neighborhood is pretty upscale. Not sure why he wouldn't seek help from the government, but I'm sure he has his reasons.
300m towards the hill and the jungle starts already, fenced from the West by rocks of Little Guillin. From the Souths there is also one of the 2 remaining industrial clusters. I would not be surprised if he has a shelter somewhere there.

Not related to the guy, there was a fire in one of the terrace houses at the end of Hillview Cres I think two weeks ago. Practically brand new house burnt down. I wondered what happened. Normally media like this kind of stories but I could not find anything.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 31 May 2023 5:23 pm

x9200 wrote:
Wed, 31 May 2023 3:05 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 30 May 2023 10:23 pm
x9200 wrote:
Tue, 30 May 2023 8:00 am

Different, but all are interconnected this or that way.
Very cool, I might have to check that out soon. I've got a friend who just moved into the Cashew area and has been begging me to take a ride with her.
It's really nice all around that area, perhaps not after heavy rain as most of the tracks would get muddy.
Actually it goes beyond Mandai Rd (huge area opposite to the zoo) where many of the paths are tarmac.
Ooh, if the weather is good, it might be nice to cycle to the zoo and spend the day there.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 31 May 2023 5:24 pm

x9200 wrote:
Wed, 31 May 2023 3:15 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
tiktok wrote:

300m towards the hill and the jungle starts already, fenced from the West by rocks of Little Guillin. From the Souths there is also one of the 2 remaining industrial clusters. I would not be surprised if he has a shelter somewhere there.

Not related to the guy, there was a fire in one of the terrace houses at the end of Hillview Cres I think two weeks ago. Practically brand new house burnt down. I wondered what happened. Normally media like this kind of stories but I could not find anything.
I think he lives much closer to the 7-Eleven as he's on the front step all the time.

How did you find out about the fire?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 31 May 2023 6:08 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 31 May 2023 5:24 pm
x9200 wrote:
Wed, 31 May 2023 3:15 pm
Lisafuller wrote:

I think he lives much closer to the 7-Eleven as he's on the front step all the time.

How did you find out about the fire?
I live in an apartment directly overlooking the area and the fire broke around 8-9pm. It was well visible.