Singapore Expats

my wife LTVP rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Re: my wife LTVP rejected

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 01 Jun 2023 1:30 pm

jalanjalan wrote:
Thu, 01 Jun 2023 1:12 pm
If I were to guess, integration is not even in the top five deciding factors. Direct family ties to a SC, ethnicity, income, education and age I bet would be miles ahead of speaking singlish, liking chicken rice or living in hdb. Else why would the PA have new citizen integration programmes - they'd all be fully integrated already.
Exactly! If integration was a factor, they would ask us for documents to prove it. It is impossible to prove integration like eating durian or chicken rice. I don't call marriage as integration. You don't marry to integrate, if that's the reason why someone married, then that marriage itself looks suspicious. So integration is a side affect of marriage, but please don't call marriage as integration.

sliverchair13

Post by sliverchair13 » Thu, 01 Jun 2023 1:53 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Thu, 01 Jun 2023 11:36 am
Mate, the senior members have already mentioned many times if you send a kid to International School, it’s not looked upon favorably by ICA for PR application. I’m just saying what they stated.

You can also look up articles on ricemedia about PRs serving NS. They studied in International Schools and still felt a disconnection with the locals. ICA is on to something here.

Of course, the parents probably didn’t wanna send them to IS but had no choice. Kid grows up in a different environment from the locals and the No PR cycle continues.
I'm just wondering, if they are PR, they will be given a seat at local schools. Unless they denied it and still went to IS.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Thu, 01 Jun 2023 2:20 pm

Wd40 wrote:
Thu, 01 Jun 2023 12:25 pm
Dude this is not even chicken and egg. If local school seat is denied then how can you even use it as a factor for integration. Besides, nobody knows nothing, everyone is just speculating.
I do not have a penis so don’t call me a dude. I don’t understand why you’re being so antagonistic when you can’t hear tone of voice of words on the internet. I was very taken aback when you decided to jump down my throat over a post that I was clarifying with LF and you just jumped in when it did not concern you. Just because you perceive it offensive does not mean the sender meant it as such and give you the right to be a jerk. I have no beef with you either but if you attack me for no reason, I will defend myself.

If there’s a will, there’s a way. Maybe the parents can try year after year to transfer to a local school if cannot enter at primary 1?

I also suspect they can also check Safeentry records during the pandemic years to see where the potential PRs were going… My hubby was going to places locals seldom go to like no-reception factories in Tuas or industrial business parks. I would dare say he explored the island more than me.

But let’s get back on topic. In summary:

- OP and spouse’s age are past child bearing years.
- Low income to support a family.
- Short duration of knowing each other.
- OP should have a plan B and settle in another county.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 01 Jun 2023 2:47 pm

jalanjalan wrote:
If I were to guess, integration is not even in the top five deciding factors. Direct family ties to a SC, ethnicity, income, education and age I bet would be miles ahead of speaking singlish, liking chicken rice or living in hdb. Else why would the PA have new citizen integration programmes - they'd all be fully integrated already.
Most people seem to perceive integration as almost blindly copying local culture and closely following habits and customs. I think this is wrong. I would say, integration is more about enjoying diversity in smooth and respectful co-existence also offering what your own culture can add to the pot. Singlish is a very good example. One should accept it, understand it to some extent, and not see anything wrong in it, but I doubt not speaking Singlish and speaking proper English instead should have any negative impact. Just the opposite.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 01 Jun 2023 2:56 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Thu, 01 Jun 2023 2:20 pm
I also suspect they can also check Safeentry records during the pandemic years to see where the potential PRs were going… My hubby was going to places locals seldom go to like no-reception factories in Tuas or industrial business parks. I would dare say he explored the island more than me.
Not sure if I understand the above. This supposed to be some plus point for getting PR?

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Thu, 01 Jun 2023 3:17 pm

x9200 wrote:
Thu, 01 Jun 2023 2:56 pm
Not sure if I understand the above. This supposed to be some plus point for getting PR?
Not a plus point per se but more of seeing where you frequent if they can’t employ their undercover officers to trail you?

Anyway SafeEntry is obsolete now so it doesn’t matter.

mxxhniia

Post by mxxhniia » Sat, 17 Jun 2023 9:26 pm

Hello, I would like to ask for the success rate of LTVP, PMLA was approved, getting married soon and will apply for LTVP right after. I am Thai, 22F, N level holder currently in priv dip and is earning around 2.5k/month. My LTVP expired and am on STVP right now. My partner is 26M, SC, poly holder and would be in local uni doing degree. He earns around 5k/month but would be going uni soon. We have been in a relationship for around 3 years but once he goes uni there would be no stable income... so I am wondering if this would affect chances because application for LTVP sees past 6 months income. Thank you!

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sun, 18 Jun 2023 12:50 am

mxxhniia wrote:
Sat, 17 Jun 2023 9:26 pm
Hello, I would like to ask for the success rate of LTVP, PMLA was approved, getting married soon and will apply for LTVP right after. I am Thai, 22F, N level holder currently in priv dip and is earning around 2.5k/month. My LTVP expired and am on STVP right now. My partner is 26M, SC, poly holder and would be in local uni doing degree. He earns around 5k/month but would be going uni soon. We have been in a relationship for around 3 years but once he goes uni there would be no stable income... so I am wondering if this would affect chances because application for LTVP sees past 6 months income. Thank you!
Yes, your LTVP will almost certainly be rejected if your SC sponsor has no income. He should keep his job until your LTVP is approved.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

lsuiug

Post by lsuiug » Sun, 18 Jun 2023 11:20 am

If they apply for LTVP first before the SC quits and goes back (little to no income), would ICA continue seeing the SCs income or would they just leave it at that?

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Sun, 18 Jun 2023 11:33 am

SC still needs to furnish past 6 months payslip on day of appointment. The ICA officer can reject on the spot if the SC doesn’t fulfil the requirements.

Don’t try to “smoke” the ICA.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Jun 2023 3:45 pm

You try to smoke you gonna get burned. Real bad. [-X
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 21 Jun 2023 1:00 am

MOCHS wrote:
Wed, 31 May 2023 8:18 pm
Where did you read she was in local primary school? The articles I read didn’t mention anything about that at all. Are we talking about Elena Tsvetkova or someone else?

Watched Elena’s interview video, while she was away from SG for 3 years, I have to strongly disagree she sounds Singapore-Chinese. Absolutely 100% nope. Her accent sounds vaguely American with some mix of Brit-Aussie twang. The way she pronounced “Macritchie” is definitely not local sounding at all. She managed to pronounce it as one word with ease but if you ask Singaporeans, they’ll heavily emphasise on “Mac” followed by a pause, then “Ree-chee”.

There was also a photo of her from when she was a schoolgirl and I am doubtful it’s a local primary school because half the kids in the photo are Caucasian. Unless that primary school really didn’t have much locals enrolling… She also mentioned a story about a fellow expat kid from school so… I’m still leaning that she went to International School unless there’s a pic of her in the school uniform instead of a rational harmony day outfit.
Nope, not referring to Elena. The lady I thought we were talking about goes by @ceterisparibusss on TikTok, though it appears she made her account private recently.

She's the lady in the first part of this video https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSLh8BLCV/

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 21 Jun 2023 1:03 am

x9200 wrote:
Thu, 01 Jun 2023 7:51 am
Is it that extremely rare one born in Singapore with majority of her or his life lived in this country is not granted PR? For the parents being non-PR, non-SC, I would expect is a norm. So what is all this in news-excitement about concerning Elena T?
I would think this is the norm too, it's just that unlike most who are born to parents with no affiliation to singapore, she truly has lived in Singapore all her life, and had the local experience to the point where I believe her English is more singlish than most locals.

Also, for clarity, I'm not referring to Elena.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 21 Jun 2023 1:04 am

MOCHS wrote:
Thu, 01 Jun 2023 10:16 am
Wd40 wrote:
Thu, 01 Jun 2023 6:58 am
Local school is not even a right for foreigners, neither is college. You are talking as if Singapore treats foreigners equal to locals when it comes to school seats or college seats. My daughter was denied a seat.

I seriously cant beleive, even this forum with all the information, people still think somehow it is foreigners fault for not getting PR. Imagine what kind of ignorance exists outside this forum.
Back up just a hot minute, no where in my post states that “Singapore treats foreigners equal to locals when it comes to school seats or college seats”.

It was Lisafuller that said in her post that this Russian lass went to a local primary school and I made a post stating that I could not find such evidence that she went to a local school. That is all.

I never even said it was her fault she couldn’t get PR. You are just projecting your anger on me because you can’t get it despite trying multiple times.

I’m married to a foreigner myself, I know how bloody hard it is to get PR. I’ve had multiple naysayers telling me I shouldn’t complain about my hardships of being married to one because “I know what I was getting into”. I’ve had countless people telling me to “just apply PR” right after I got married because they assumed it was so easy. You don’t get to tell me I’m ignorant.
I believe some of the confusion is due to the fact that we are talking about different people.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 21 Jun 2023 1:06 am

jalanjalan wrote:
I agree, I don't think it can ever be the deciding factor, but it is certainly something that is looked upon favorably (when observable). The issue lies in that integration is intangible and immeasurable, so there's no way to privilege one applicant over another.