Singapore Expats

my wife LTVP rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mohd.shan

my wife LTVP rejected

Post by mohd.shan » Fri, 26 May 2023 9:15 pm

I am a PR in SIngapore and grow up and working in Spore. I applied long term visa for my wife but got rejected.ICA replied:

We have evaluated your application carefully, taking into consideration all the information you have submitted, including your qualifications, employment status and income. However, we regret to inform that your application is not successful.

Anybody in the same case? Is they any minimum salary requirement for PR? My full time salary is $2800, but my gross from all jobs is around $3300. is it rejected due to low salary? :cry:

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: my wife LTVP rejected

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 26 May 2023 10:42 pm

mohd.shan wrote:
Fri, 26 May 2023 9:15 pm
I am a PR in SIngapore and grow up and working in Spore. I applied long term visa for my wife but got rejected.ICA replied:

We have evaluated your application carefully, taking into consideration all the information you have submitted, including your qualifications, employment status and income. However, we regret to inform that your application is not successful.

Anybody in the same case? Is they any minimum salary requirement for PR? My full time salary is $2800, but my gross from all jobs is around $3300. is it rejected due to low salary? :cry:
Possible.

Where are you and her from? Married since when ?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 27 May 2023 2:10 am

mohd.shan wrote:
Fri, 26 May 2023 9:15 pm

Will need to know more information about you to have a better idea. What are your profiles?

mohd.shan

Post by mohd.shan » Sun, 28 May 2023 12:25 am

I from Bangladesh and she from Vietnam. We married since Feb 2023. I been staying here in Spore since 1990. My last 3 years annual salary was $44k but seems like not enough for ICA to approve long term pass. I work part time job also on top of my full time job

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 28 May 2023 9:26 am

1. You are married for a VERY short time - this is likely the main reason for the rejection. Also she is from Vietnam, you are Bangladeshi living here from the 90s. It may look much like a marriage of convenience.
2. Your salary is low - the gov considers if your salary is good enough for 2 people. They may think it is not.

Wait till you married for 2 years at least, possibly improve your salary, only then re-apply.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 28 May 2023 4:53 pm

mohd.shan wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 12:25 am
I from Bangladesh and she from Vietnam. We married since Feb 2023. I been staying here in Spore since 1990. My last 3 years annual salary was $44k but seems like not enough for ICA to approve long term pass. I work part time job also on top of my full time job
From a government perspective, the marriage doesn't look legit. You'd have better luck applying when you've been married for longer, even better if you have a kid.

Pantsgrenadier

Post by Pantsgrenadier » Sun, 28 May 2023 6:21 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 4:53 pm
mohd.shan wrote:
From a government perspective, the marriage doesn't look legit. You'd have better luck applying when you've been married for longer, even better if you have a kid.
Having a kid will be challenging though, as she cannot stay here without LTVP.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 28 May 2023 9:12 pm

Pantsgrenadier wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 6:21 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 28 May 2023 4:53 pm
mohd.shan wrote:
Having a kid will be challenging though, as she cannot stay here without LTVP.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Obviously I'm not saying to have a kid for immigration purposes, but if they are planning to have kids anyway, the chances will certainly improve.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Sun, 28 May 2023 9:53 pm

He applied LTVP, not PR. I highly doubt the length of marriage was a problem because PRs (and citizens) marry foreigners all the time. Plenty of foreign spouses have not stepped into SG either. ICA wants married couples to produce babies. It’s extremely counter-productive to chase trans-national couples out of SG by rejecting the foreign spouse’s LTVP.

If the LTVP application for spouse of PR is similar as spouse of citizen, then it depends on how he answered the following questions:

- How long have you known your spouse before marriage.

- Did you accept any monetary compensation for sponsoring your spouse’s LTVP.

- Did your spouse marry you just for LTVP.

I can’t remember the actual phrasing for the last two questions but it’s somewhere along those lines.

I suspect the low salary was the reason for rejection.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Mon, 29 May 2023 2:03 am

This is something I think Singapore could be a little more transparent on. For example, it’s not difficult to spell out the minimum salary requirements by household size.

My brother went through this in the US. For example, in 2023 the US sets a minimum $24,650 for a household size of two. The US also gets “into your business” and demands a lot of personal evidence, consistent over time to prove you are in a genuine relationship. There are interviews both pre and post, individually and as a couple. Then you only get conditional status for two years and you have to clear a final hurdle to get permanent status.

The downside of the US system is it takes over a year to get the initial visa approved and costs well over US$1,000… but that leads directly to PR that is reasonably guaranteed, so pros and cons.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

mohd.shan

Post by mohd.shan » Mon, 29 May 2023 6:35 am

I don’t think real reason for rejection is cos if the marriage is legit. I know number of citizen guys who married gals from matchmaker after few dates and still got long term pass. And they are citizens who get salary less than $2.8k still can get long term pass. The only issue maybe is PR cos ICA don’t give a shit unless the person is a citizen.

mohd.shan

Post by mohd.shan » Mon, 29 May 2023 6:37 am

Having a baby here without a long term pass is not possible. Next step will be try to get s pass for her. If that fails last choice will be move to other country. Good place to retire 😁

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Mon, 29 May 2023 8:06 am

You seem to be withholding information as you didn’t answer how long you knew your wife before marrying or how old both of you are…

And if you’re been here since 1990, why didn’t you convert to SC?

mohd.shan

Post by mohd.shan » Mon, 29 May 2023 11:24 pm

I applied sc before few years back but ICA said salary too low. My parents don’t want us to take sc. I am 41 and she is 39. I know her for 6 months before we got married

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Mon, 29 May 2023 11:40 pm

mohd.shan wrote:
Mon, 29 May 2023 11:24 pm
I applied sc before few years back but ICA said salary too low. My parents don’t want us to take sc. I am 41 and she is 39. I know her for 6 months before we got married
I’m surprised they came out and said salary too low. Normally they are not so revealing.

Her age doesn’t score any points as a baby maker. Was she married before, have any kids?
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr