Singapore Expats

"Satwant Kaur" suggests Govt should not allow HDB residents to work in condo

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: "Satwant Kaur" suggests Govt should not allow HDB residents to work in condo

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 26 May 2023 9:19 pm

x9200 wrote:
Fri, 26 May 2023 6:19 pm
Her views are probably common for many condo dwellers who just think they are better because they have more money. Singapore is a money focused culture. You are worth as much as you earn and posses. What is new and indicates more serious issues is that she wants the government to step in to solve it :)
I wouldn't be surprised if there were others who shared this view, but what is shocking is that she would dare to say this publicly. Does she not understand how social media works? There's nothing she can ever do to take those words back.

x9200

Re: "Satwant Kaur" suggests Govt should not allow HDB residents to work in condo

Post by x9200 » Sat, 27 May 2023 6:25 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Fri, 26 May 2023 9:19 pm
x9200 wrote:
Her views are probably common for many condo dwellers who just think they are better because they have more money. Singapore is a money focused culture. You are worth as much as you earn and posses. What is new and indicates more serious issues is that she wants the government to step in to solve it :)
I wouldn't be surprised if there were others who shared this view, but what is shocking is that she would dare to say this publicly. Does she not understand how social media works? There's nothing she can ever do to take those words back.
I don't think she cares.

jalanjalan
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 2

Post by jalanjalan » Sat, 27 May 2023 12:05 pm

Addadude wrote:
Thu, 25 May 2023 6:07 pm
Going by the wording, I suspect this lady has some issues and I think it's best that she be left alone to resolve them without being 'doxed' by 'internet sleuths' living in the Singapore equivalent of their mom's basement.
Yeah I don't think she deserves to be hounded online for her views, but to be fair she wasn't doxxed, she posted this on her own LinkedIn profile. Unfortunately, what she said apparently hit a nerve with some people and they had a knee-jerk defensive reaction. Hard to think when emotions get in the way.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 27 May 2023 11:05 pm

x9200 wrote:
Sat, 27 May 2023 6:25 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Fri, 26 May 2023 9:19 pm
x9200 wrote:
I don't think she cares.
I think she will when she eventually snaps out of this episode, and realizes the damage it's done to her both socially and professionally.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 27 May 2023 11:05 pm

jalanjalan wrote:
Sat, 27 May 2023 12:05 pm
Addadude wrote:
Thu, 25 May 2023 6:07 pm
Going by the wording, I suspect this lady has some issues and I think it's best that she be left alone to resolve them without being 'doxed' by 'internet sleuths' living in the Singapore equivalent of their mom's basement.
Yeah I don't think she deserves to be hounded online for her views, but to be fair she wasn't doxxed, she posted this on her own LinkedIn profile. Unfortunately, what she said apparently hit a nerve with some people and they had a knee-jerk defensive reaction. Hard to think when emotions get in the way.
Well, when your views are classist, and explicitly attack a large majority of the population, what do you expect?