Singapore Expats

PR Approval Chance 2023

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Vinojan88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:40 pm

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by Vinojan88 » Thu, 18 Jan 2024 11:26 am

my 1st submission made on Feb 2020 and rejected after 11 months .applied my self and wife

2dn submission done on 10th Dec 2022.. (my self, wife and one kid) . still pending more that 13 months already. meantime about june 2023 i received ICA letter and requested additional documents and been submitted on sep 2022 .

hopeislife
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 2:33 pm

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by hopeislife » Thu, 18 Jan 2024 2:21 pm

Vinojan88 wrote:
Thu, 18 Jan 2024 11:26 am
my 1st submission made on Feb 2020 and rejected after 11 months .applied my self and wife

2dn submission done on 10th Dec 2022.. (my self, wife and one kid) . still pending more that 13 months already. meantime about june 2023 i received ICA letter and requested additional documents and been submitted on sep 2022 .
The information you provided wont be enough to say your chances. Other can only suggest your chances here if you can give your details like age, occupation, stay, family details etc.

Pending for 13 months is nothing, as it is quite common for indians. There are many who have waited for more than 18months and have got rejection. So my advice is dont even worry about it till you reach 18 months as it is quite the usual time for non-preferred races nowadays.

By the way, your post does not ask any question.

peacemaker
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 12:22 pm

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by peacemaker » Mon, 04 Mar 2024 10:10 pm

peacemaker wrote:
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 1:27 pm
Greetings,

I am new to this forum and seek assistance in evaluating our Permanent Residency (PR) approval likelihood.

Applicant's Details:

Race: Indian
Age: 29
Length Of Stay: 7 Years +
Highest Education: Post Graduate Diploma (National University Of Singapore)
Occupation: Software Developer in F&B IT (2 Years +), Senior Consultant in Fintech (4 Years)
Annual Income: 91,200 SGD + Variable Bonus (1 - 2 Months)
Pass: Employment Pass (EP)

Spouse's Details:

Race: Indian
Age: 29
Length Of Stay: 4 Years
Highest Education: Masters in Life Science (Taiwan University)
Occupation: Research Assistant in NUS (1.5 Years)
Annual Income: 43,800 SGD + Variable Bonus (1 - 2 Months)
Pass: S Pass

Background:

After completing my Bachelor's degree, I pursued a Post Graduate Diploma at NUS in 2016. I secured my first job as a Software Developer in the F&B industry in 2017, with a starting salary of 3300 SGD. After fulfilling my MOE service obligation, I transitioned to the Fintech sector with a salary of 4900 SGD. Currently, I am earning 7600 SGD. In 2020, I got married, and my wife came to Singapore on a Student Pass to pursue a diploma in Psychology from a private university.

In 2021, we were blessed with a baby boy who was born in India during the Covid lockdown. He is now 2.5 years old and currently on a Dependant Pass. My wife began working as a research assistant in 2022 with a salary of 3600 SGD. She also has 1 year of work experience as Research Assistant in Taiwan. Our son is being cared for by our helper and will start N1 in January 2024.

In terms of financial planning, we have taken an investment plan under our son's name for 100 years, with a minimum payment of 5400 SGD per year for 10 years. Additionally, we have life and health insurance with AIA.

PR Application History:

I first applied for PR in 2017 when I was still a bachelor but faced rejection after 6 months. The second application was in 2020, after my marriage, and it was rejected after 7 months. The third application was submitted in November 2022. It has been one year, and it is currently in a pending status.
The 'Submit additional documents' button is still visible.

We appreciate any insights or advice on our PR approval prospects. Thank you.
Update:
The application has been pending for 16 months as of now. Two days ago, while casually checking the status, I clicked on the "Proceed to Upload" button under the 'Submit Additional Documents' dropdown. Typically, it would display a message stating, 'No additional documents required at this juncture.' However, to my surprise, it redirected to another page requesting specific details about my spouse's Travel Document and payslips. I am now awaiting clarification from ICA via email or postal mail to fully understand the requested documents.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40423
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 Mar 2024 11:41 pm

Sounds like their request was already pretty specific......
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

peacemaker
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 12:22 pm

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by peacemaker » Thu, 18 Apr 2024 8:30 am

peacemaker wrote:
Mon, 04 Mar 2024 10:10 pm
peacemaker wrote:
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 1:27 pm
Greetings,

I am new to this forum and seek assistance in evaluating our Permanent Residency (PR) approval likelihood.

Applicant's Details:

Race: Indian
Age: 29
Length Of Stay: 7 Years +
Highest Education: Post Graduate Diploma (National University Of Singapore)
Occupation: Software Developer in F&B IT (2 Years +), Senior Consultant in Fintech (4 Years)
Annual Income: 91,200 SGD + Variable Bonus (1 - 2 Months)
Pass: Employment Pass (EP)

Spouse's Details:

Race: Indian
Age: 29
Length Of Stay: 4 Years
Highest Education: Masters in Life Science (Taiwan University)
Occupation: Research Assistant in NUS (1.5 Years)
Annual Income: 43,800 SGD + Variable Bonus (1 - 2 Months)
Pass: S Pass

Background:

After completing my Bachelor's degree, I pursued a Post Graduate Diploma at NUS in 2016. I secured my first job as a Software Developer in the F&B industry in 2017, with a starting salary of 3300 SGD. After fulfilling my MOE service obligation, I transitioned to the Fintech sector with a salary of 4900 SGD. Currently, I am earning 7600 SGD. In 2020, I got married, and my wife came to Singapore on a Student Pass to pursue a diploma in Psychology from a private university.

In 2021, we were blessed with a baby boy who was born in India during the Covid lockdown. He is now 2.5 years old and currently on a Dependant Pass. My wife began working as a research assistant in 2022 with a salary of 3600 SGD. She also has 1 year of work experience as Research Assistant in Taiwan. Our son is being cared for by our helper and will start N1 in January 2024.

In terms of financial planning, we have taken an investment plan under our son's name for 100 years, with a minimum payment of 5400 SGD per year for 10 years. Additionally, we have life and health insurance with AIA.

PR Application History:

I first applied for PR in 2017 when I was still a bachelor but faced rejection after 6 months. The second application was in 2020, after my marriage, and it was rejected after 7 months. The third application was submitted in November 2022. It has been one year, and it is currently in a pending status.
The 'Submit additional documents' button is still visible.

We appreciate any insights or advice on our PR approval prospects. Thank you.
Update:
The application has been pending for 16 months as of now. Two days ago, while casually checking the status, I clicked on the "Proceed to Upload" button under the 'Submit Additional Documents' dropdown. Typically, it would display a message stating, 'No additional documents required at this juncture.' However, to my surprise, it redirected to another page requesting specific details about my spouse's Travel Document and payslips. I am now awaiting clarification from ICA via email or postal mail to fully understand the requested documents.
Final Update:
Submit button disappeared on 9th April, exactly 17 months after the application date. Received email from ICA on April 18th 0100 AM stating there’s an update for the PR application. As expected its a rejection. But the rejection letter was dated April 15th.
Thanks for all your support!
Attachments
IMG_7697.jpeg
Ica Outcome Letter

hopeislife
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 2:33 pm

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by hopeislife » Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:16 am

peacemaker wrote:
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 8:30 am
Final Update:
Submit button disappeared on 9th April, exactly 17 months after the application date. Received email from ICA on April 18th 0100 AM stating there’s an update for the PR application. As expected its a rejection. But the rejection letter was dated April 15th.
Thanks for all your support!
Dont worry, I can feel your pain as we are around same age group and it took me around 9years to get approval. Things are quite tough for indians to get pr, and thanks for your contribution in this forum by replying. You are young and have a kid, so may be next time you will have a better chance with longer stay. Meanwhile you can keep improving your profile.

Although i said my opinion before, i think you will have a better chance next time or in further applications.
hopeislife wrote:
Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:16 pm
peacemaker wrote:
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 1:27 pm
Greetings,

I am new to this forum and seek assistance in evaluating our Permanent Residency (PR) approval likelihood.

Applicant's Details:

Race: Indian
Age: 29
Length Of Stay: 7 Years +
Highest Education: Post Graduate Diploma (National University Of Singapore)
Occupation: Software Developer in F&B IT (2 Years +), Senior Consultant in Fintech (4 Years)
Annual Income: 91,200 SGD + Variable Bonus (1 - 2 Months)
Pass: Employment Pass (EP)
.
.
.

We appreciate any insights or advice on our PR approval prospects. Thank you.
Going to be very difficult. Having a son is not going to help. However, this is just my opinion that you wont get it this time and may still need a few more years. 1year pending time is nothing for indian applicants now, it is quite less than the average time taken for an indian from india. Also, from my observation IT indians are facing resistance. I dont want to be like a bad omen to say this opinion to you that it would be rejected, but just wanted to stop you from holding your breath. However, feel free to post your pr outcome here when the result comes. I understand that you feel that you are improving your chances by doing a post grad diploma, having investments, this and that. But it does not work like that.

Anyway, we all hope you get something positive.

peacemaker
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 12:22 pm

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by peacemaker » Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:34 am

hopeislife wrote:
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:16 am
peacemaker wrote:
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 8:30 am
Final Update:
Submit button disappeared on 9th April, exactly 17 months after the application date. Received email from ICA on April 18th 0100 AM stating there’s an update for the PR application. As expected its a rejection. But the rejection letter was dated April 15th.
Thanks for all your support!
Dont worry, I can feel your pain as we are around same age group and it took me around 9years to get approval. Things are quite tough for indians to get pr, and thanks for your contribution in this forum by replying. You are young and have a kid, so may be next time you will have a better chance with longer stay. Meanwhile you can keep improving your profile.

Although i said my opinion before, i think you will have a better chance next time or in further applications.
hopeislife wrote:
Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:16 pm
peacemaker wrote:
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 1:27 pm
Greetings,

I am new to this forum and seek assistance in evaluating our Permanent Residency (PR) approval likelihood.

Applicant's Details:

Race: Indian
Age: 29
Length Of Stay: 7 Years +
Highest Education: Post Graduate Diploma (National University Of Singapore)
Occupation: Software Developer in F&B IT (2 Years +), Senior Consultant in Fintech (4 Years)
Annual Income: 91,200 SGD + Variable Bonus (1 - 2 Months)
Pass: Employment Pass (EP)
.
.
.

We appreciate any insights or advice on our PR approval prospects. Thank you.
Going to be very difficult. Having a son is not going to help. However, this is just my opinion that you wont get it this time and may still need a few more years. 1year pending time is nothing for indian applicants now, it is quite less than the average time taken for an indian from india. Also, from my observation IT indians are facing resistance. I dont want to be like a bad omen to say this opinion to you that it would be rejected, but just wanted to stop you from holding your breath. However, feel free to post your pr outcome here when the result comes. I understand that you feel that you are improving your chances by doing a post grad diploma, having investments, this and that. But it does not work like that.

Anyway, we all hope you get something positive.
Thanks for your support bro, I totally agree with your points. Next application we have few updates. From August my wife will start her Phd in NUS (Not saying that this will turn the table but just an update from our side). This is our third rejection, and it dint even feel anything bad like previous rejections. Maybe we got used to rejections haha. Will try to apply next year around Feb/March. By the time of application our stay in Sg would have reached 9 years.

hopeislife
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 2:33 pm

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by hopeislife » Thu, 18 Apr 2024 3:43 pm

peacemaker wrote:
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:34 am
Next application we have few updates. From August my wife will start her Phd in NUS (Not saying that this will turn the table but just an update from our side).
It is good to have something to plan on improving. However, dont be mislead that doing a PhD in a local university will always lead a pr approval. It really depends on the area on which the PhD is done if it aligns with SGs future development requirements. Not all local bachelors/PhDs get approved for pr. Since, your spouse's field of study seems related to life science/ psychology, i am not sure how ICA views doing a PhD in a such related fields. Moreover, PhD is more of a mental battle and can take around 4yrs or more (if full time) and also the cost (if not in scholarship).

My point is that she can do PhD if she is really interested in it and is willing to go through it. If it is for PR i just request you to reconsider it, as it may or may not help with PR and one of you may feel frustrated and feel like its a waste of time. Of course, its your life to decide, but just a short opinion from a passer-by like me.

peacemaker
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 12:22 pm

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by peacemaker » Thu, 18 Apr 2024 4:13 pm

hopeislife wrote:
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 3:43 pm
peacemaker wrote:
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:34 am
Next application we have few updates. From August my wife will start her Phd in NUS (Not saying that this will turn the table but just an update from our side).
It is good to have something to plan on improving. However, dont be mislead that doing a PhD in a local university will always lead a pr approval. It really depends on the area on which the PhD is done if it aligns with SGs future development requirements. Not all local bachelors/PhDs get approved for pr. Since, your spouse's field of study seems related to life science/ psychology, i am not sure how ICA views doing a PhD in a such related fields. Moreover, PhD is more of a mental battle and can take around 4yrs or more (if full time) and also the cost (if not in scholarship).

My point is that she can do PhD if she is really interested in it and is willing to go through it. If it is for PR i just request you to reconsider it, as it may or may not help with PR and one of you may feel frustrated and feel like its a waste of time. Of course, its your life to decide, but just a short opinion from a passer-by like me.
Yeah totally agree, to pursue Phd is her dream, she has faced many rejection before and got it finally after many struggles. She will be doing her Phd in Department of Biological Science. Its never for the sake of PR. Infact we are staying in Sg because of her wish to do it in NUS rather than other countriy university. Have direct messaged you regarding a situation we are facing due to Phd. Hoping for your response there.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40423
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 01 May 2024 8:47 pm

642190 wrote:
Wed, 17 Jan 2024 12:11 pm
Update: Still pending after 9 months and 3 days of wait.
Performed an ad-hoc submission of first two semesters of MSc results under 'Update on Qualification' on 12 Jan with CGPA 4.6x/5.00.

Fingers crossed.
For the record, you are just adding fuel to the frustration fire. first two semesters and a buck thirty will only get you one teh-O. Nothing more. The ONLY thing that counts is the sheepskin (or whatever it's printed on today). Until you are awarded the degree, you have absolutely nothing except an emptier wallet/bank account. You GPA is irrelevant without a degree certificate. Trying to blow smoke up ICA butts is useless. Your countrymen have been trying it for years and ICA is already wise and it actually does you harm. This is the exact same reason that caused charitable works to be axed from the point system. It was being doing for non-altruistic reasons and as soon as they got either approved or rejected, that was the last the charity saw of them. Your countrymen burned the bridges before you got here. Just uncross your fingers and have some patience.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hopeislife
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 2:33 pm

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by hopeislife » Wed, 01 May 2024 11:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 01 May 2024 8:47 pm
642190 wrote:
Wed, 17 Jan 2024 12:11 pm
Update: Still pending after 9 months and 3 days of wait.
Performed an ad-hoc submission of first two semesters of MSc results under 'Update on Qualification' on 12 Jan with CGPA 4.6x/5.00.

Fingers crossed.
For the record, you are just adding fuel to the frustration fire. first two semesters and a buck thirty will only get you one teh-O. Nothing more. The ONLY thing that counts is the sheepskin (or whatever it's printed on today). Until you are awarded the degree, you have absolutely nothing except an emptier wallet/bank account. You GPA is irrelevant without a degree certificate. Trying to blow smoke up ICA butts is useless. Your countrymen have been trying it for years and ICA is already wise and it actually does you harm. This is the exact same reason that caused charitable works to be axed from the point system. It was being doing for non-altruistic reasons and as soon as they got either approved or rejected, that was the last the charity saw of them. Your countrymen burned the bridges before you got here. Just uncross your fingers and have some patience.
Quite surprising that you used these terms "your countrymen burned the bridges..." to a malaysian chinese applicant. Anyway, at least it makes you look non-biased.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11665
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Answers: 10
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 02 May 2024 12:59 am

hopeislife wrote:
Wed, 01 May 2024 11:25 pm
Quite surprising that you used these terms "your countrymen burned the bridges..." to a malaysian chinese applicant. Anyway, at least it makes you look non-biased.
Why is this surprising to you? It would only be surprising if you were holding the opinion that the author is biased against a specific race or ethnicity.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40423
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 May 2024 12:21 pm

Hey, @Strong Eagle I'm biased like a MF'er! Looking at my family genealogy chart over the last three generations it would appear I'm biased against my own race as a Caucasian. My wife is Tamil (100%), my kids are 1/2 Tamil, 1/4 German and dog knows what else from the European continent. My 4 grands kids are all of the above but also mixed with 1/4 Ceylonese, 1/4 Peranakan Chinese (2); or 1/2 Malayalam (2).

"Your countrymen" means to whoever's post I am directly addressing "quoting", unless the unasked non-addressed reader has a chip on their shoulder. I'll bet nohopeislife walks around listing to one side or the other, that chip being so heavy. Do you suppose that now we have two resident trolls with chips?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hopeislife
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 2:33 pm

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by hopeislife » Thu, 02 May 2024 3:28 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 02 May 2024 12:21 pm
Hey, @Strong Eagle I'm biased like a MF'er! Looking at my family genealogy chart over the last three generations it would appear I'm biased against my own race as a Caucasian. My wife is Tamil (100%), my kids are 1/2 Tamil, 1/4 German and dog knows what else from the European continent. My 4 grands kids are all of the above but also mixed with 1/4 Ceylonese, 1/4 Peranakan Chinese (2); or 1/2 Malayalam (2).

"Your countrymen" means to whoever's post I am directly addressing "quoting", unless the unasked non-addressed reader has a chip on their shoulder. I'll bet nohopeislife walks around listing to one side or the other, that chip being so heavy. Do you suppose that now we have two resident trolls with chips?
You have mentioned the terms like "your countrymen", "charitable works for non-altruistic reason", "your countrymen burned the bridges", when you replied for user 642190's post. From the history of all of your posts in PR subforum, you have only used these terms to add a slight flavour of insult if the original poster is related to indian race (india, bangladesh, pakistan, sri lanka etc). You or any others who read this can just go to the search bar on the top right and just type "burned bridges" or "your countrymen" and the search list will show that all of your replies with an insulting tone is only towards indian posters. Even now, I believe that when you replied to 642190's post, you thought it was an indian as the subsequent posts of user 'peacemaker' (from indian race) comes right after 642190's post. You did not realize 642190 was a female malaysian chinese when you replied to her post. Otherwise, there is no reason you would have mentioned the terms 'your countrymen', 'charitable works for non-altruistic reason", "burn the bridges" to a malaysian chinese applicant. You mistook it as an indian's post. You may now say, it is not so, but anyway let it be. You wont be even able to show one post from your history where you have put these terms as a reply to a malaysian applicant or you can show me if there is.

I have no reason to have a chip on anybody especially on this forum and just come to this site during my tea breaks. I appreciate you and other moderator's contribution in this forum by sharing from your experience (as you have been a veteran, worked in oil industry, as a HR in a company, and even in golf clubs and in television programme), but there is always a bit of insult to indians from you and few other moderators, in most of your posts. This forum is also built on hundreds of other users who come and go at some point of time. I am not the first one to say this, and i can even show you the posts where others have brought this point to you. Telling your facts does not justify insults. You getting married to an sg citizen from indian race doesn't justify your insults or may be you view indians from india differently. Your opinions about indians are just from handful of personal/heard/news experiences and nobody (other than officials) has the statistical government data, like how your fellow moderator StrongEagle claims "indians have been the biggest scammers when it comes to PR". (viewtopic.php?t=89217&p=892819#p892819)

This is just a respectful suggestion from a fellow forum reader who is not even half your age. I dont know if you guys will change this in future. Being moderators, you can share your wisdom to all posters here with equal respect, but if insulting indians in a subtle way in your replies is what you guys like and makes you feel happy, then just go ahead. I wont be replying further to this thread, as it would deviate the thread's topic and sorry for that.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4299
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: PR Approval Chance 2023

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 02 May 2024 5:55 pm

hopeislife wrote:
Thu, 02 May 2024 3:28 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 02 May 2024 12:21 pm
Hey, @Strong Eagle I'm biased like a MF'er! Looking at my family genealogy chart over the last three generations it would appear I'm biased against my own race as a Caucasian. My wife is Tamil (100%), my kids are 1/2 Tamil, 1/4 German and dog knows what else from the European continent. My 4 grands kids are all of the above but also mixed with 1/4 Ceylonese, 1/4 Peranakan Chinese (2); or 1/2 Malayalam (2).

"Your countrymen" means to whoever's post I am directly addressing "quoting", unless the unasked non-addressed reader has a chip on their shoulder. I'll bet nohopeislife walks around listing to one side or the other, that chip being so heavy. Do you suppose that now we have two resident trolls with chips?
You have mentioned the terms like "your countrymen", "charitable works for non-altruistic reason", "your countrymen burned the bridges", when you replied for user 642190's post. From the history of all of your posts in PR subforum, you have only used these terms to add a slight flavour of insult if the original poster is related to indian race (india, bangladesh, pakistan, sri lanka etc). You or any others who read this can just go to the search bar on the top right and just type "burned bridges" or "your countrymen" and the search list will show that all of your replies with an insulting tone is only towards indian posters. Even now, I believe that when you replied to 642190's post, you thought it was an indian as the subsequent posts of user 'peacemaker' (from indian race) comes right after 642190's post. You did not realize 642190 was a female malaysian chinese when you replied to her post. Otherwise, there is no reason you would have mentioned the terms 'your countrymen', 'charitable works for non-altruistic reason", "burn the bridges" to a malaysian chinese applicant. You mistook it as an indian's post. You may now say, it is not so, but anyway let it be. You wont be even able to show one post from your history where you have put these terms as a reply to a malaysian applicant or you can show me if there is.

I have no reason to have a chip on anybody especially on this forum and just come to this site during my tea breaks. I appreciate you and other moderator's contribution in this forum by sharing from your experience (as you have been a veteran, worked in oil industry, as a HR in a company, and even in golf clubs and in television programme), but there is always a bit of insult to indians from you and few other moderators, in most of your posts. This forum is also built on hundreds of other users who come and go at some point of time. I am not the first one to say this, and i can even show you the posts where others have brought this point to you. Telling your facts does not justify insults. You getting married to an sg citizen from indian race doesn't justify your insults or may be you view indians from india differently. Your opinions about indians are just from handful of personal/heard/news experiences and nobody (other than officials) has the statistical government data, like how your fellow moderator StrongEagle claims "indians have been the biggest scammers when it comes to PR". (viewtopic.php?t=89217&p=892819#p892819)

This is just a respectful suggestion from a fellow forum reader who is not even half your age. I dont know if you guys will change this in future. Being moderators, you can share your wisdom to all posters here with equal respect, but if insulting indians in a subtle way in your replies is what you guys like and makes you feel happy, then just go ahead. I wont be replying further to this thread, as it would deviate the thread's topic and sorry for that.
hopeislife, we need to take things will a little bit of open mind and not take things personally. I started on this forum with a view similar to urs, but after a while I understand why SMS makes such statements. Many of his statements will be direct, but will make sure that the posters have realistic expectations. Whereas if you go to other forums or consultants, they would give hopes to an impossible applicant and finally after his hopeful wait, he will be rejected.

Hope you see from this angle.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests