Singapore Expats

EP processing time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ubugu.tonga.1997

EP processing time

Post by ubugu.tonga.1997 » Tue, 04 Apr 2023 2:16 am

:roll:

My EP application was submitted 3 weeks ago, and MOM has asked for additional documents to my employer, thereby pushing EP processing forward by 2 weeks.

Is this the usual process for EP application? EP application status shows as 'Pending - It is being processed ' and my experience is solid, so I ain't worried about rejection, just wondering how long usually it takes for an EP to be processed in post-covid era.

And, do I need to reside in Singapore to improve my chances of EP approval, or it doesn't matter? I am hearing mixed and different opinions so a bit confused 🤔. I love Sing so happy to enjoy my staycation before starting daily grind, lol.

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Re: EP processing time

Post by Ignorant1 » Mon, 10 Apr 2023 9:45 am

ubugu.tonga.1997 wrote:
Tue, 04 Apr 2023 2:16 am

My EP application was submitted 3 weeks ago, and MOM has asked for additional documents to my employer, thereby pushing EP processing forward by 2 weeks.

Is this the usual process for EP application? EP application status shows as 'Pending - It is being processed ' and my experience is solid, so I ain't worried about rejection, just wondering how long usually it takes for an EP to be processed in post-covid era.

And, do I need to reside in Singapore to improve my chances of EP approval, or it doesn't matter? I am hearing mixed and different opinions so a bit confused 🤔. I love Sing so happy to enjoy my staycation before starting daily grind, lol.
My and my wife’s Ep were done in 5 working days. Helps that last 10 + years we were in Singapore.
I suggest no need to overthink it. Depends on the paperwork submitted ( language, college etc ) .

Outcome won’t be different if you are in Singapore .

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Mon, 10 Apr 2023 10:09 am

ubugu.tonga.1997 wrote:
Tue, 04 Apr 2023 2:16 am

You can never know… maybe your application is being processed by a relatively new officer who is being overly diligent, or maybe they are taking extra precautions about your paper qualifications… that has been a sticking point with mom lately - - even my employer asked me for a scanned copy of my degree last year (after employing me continuously on an EP for over 25 years now).
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

ubugu.tonga.1997

Post by ubugu.tonga.1997 » Mon, 10 Apr 2023 10:10 am

Thanks @Ignorant1 and @malcontent. I ain't overthinking so it's all good. :D
On processing, I am blessed with a reliable sponsor so will take their advice on it and stay in Sg. Have a wonderful day, my friend. :)

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Mon, 10 Apr 2023 11:30 am

ubugu.tonga.1997 wrote:
Mon, 10 Apr 2023 10:10 am
On processing, I am blessed with a reliable sponsor so will take their advice on it and stay in Sg. Have a wonderful day, my friend. :)
Yep, whenever there has been any contention about getting my EP approved… I just put it out of my mind and focused on making the most of my days off.

The largest opportunity I was given to exercise this was my very first EP in 1997 which took a full 2 months to get rejected, then after appeal, took another 2 months to get rejected again. The third and final appeal took 1 month to get approved, so total 5 months staycation (and that was after a 4 month job search, so technically 9 months).

Fortunately I was hired with a group of others who I had met and made friends with prior to the 5 month wait, so I actually had a pretty good time, all things considered… but in reality I was living on a wing and a prayer [-o<
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Wed, 31 May 2023 4:09 pm

ubugu.tonga.1997 wrote:
Mon, 10 Apr 2023 10:10 am

Get your EP finally ?
Good luck brother for the job.