Best fast food in Singapore

Share your favourite eating haunts!
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Best fast food in Singapore

Post by abbby » Sun, 02 Apr 2023 6:48 pm

Since we have the topic on the worst fast food, what about the best fast food here? What's your favourite and why..?

I don't have a personal favourite but my favourite food item was Mcdonald's BLT burger, but discontinued.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Best fast food in Singapore

Post by tiktok » Tue, 04 Apr 2023 10:27 am

Mix rice, does that count as fast food?
I not troll/wacko/spammer.
Me no expat. Me foreigner.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: Best fast food in Singapore

Post by malcontent » Wed, 05 Apr 2023 2:04 am

tiktok wrote:
Tue, 04 Apr 2023 10:27 am
Mix rice, does that count as fast food?
What do you like about it (besides the price and the speed)?

I’ve eaten mixed rice hundreds of times over my 27 years here, but it must have been 10 years since I’ve last eaten it. When I get a hankering for stir fry dishes, I’ll get zi char instead - more fresh, less soggy.

For local food I mostly eat chicken rice, nasi lemak and masala dosa (at least once a month for each), more or less equal love for CMI.

For pan-Asian food, I eat dim sum once or twice a month, paad thai about once a month, bun cha once every other month.

For Non-Asian, I eat a cheeseburger at least once a week 🤫, a burrito and a pizza… both at least once a month.

But back to the subject at hand - BEST FAST FOOD chains here: Shake Shack, Little Caesar’s and maybe Guzman e Gomez (preferred Baja Fresh before they closed). But to be honest I frequent McDonald’s the most… it’s not the best but at least it’s reasonable, convenient, consistent and acceptable.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr