Singapore Expats

Where to find entry permit?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Friedliver

Where to find entry permit?

Post by Friedliver » Thu, 30 Mar 2023 9:55 am

I’m trying to convert my foreign drivers license (as a PR) and they require both your entry permit and re entry permit. Does anyone know where I can get the original entry permit? The REP can be obtained easily through myICA but not sure where I can get the original entry permit.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jalanjalan
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 2

Re: Where to find entry permit?

Post by jalanjalan » Thu, 30 Mar 2023 12:01 pm

Didn't they give you a copy? I have my old hard copy one from 25+ years ago, but I've never seen any digital version since. Email to ICA and ask?

Friedliver

Post by Friedliver » Thu, 30 Mar 2023 12:04 pm

Hi yes I got it like 6-7 years ago but not sure if I still have the piece of paper. Anywhere to get a replacement?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Mar 2023 5:23 pm

jalanjalan wrote:
Thu, 30 Mar 2023 12:01 pm
Didn't they give you a copy? I have my old hard copy one from 25+ years ago, but I've never seen any digital version since. Email to ICA and ask?
I do as well, also from 25+ years ago. Is your on a yellowish/tan paper stock? I think the only digital ones are those from people like us who have scanned them just for that purpose, but I can see that changing eventually as everything else is going that way.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jalanjalan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jalanjalan » Thu, 30 Mar 2023 9:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 30 Mar 2023 5:23 pm
I do as well, also from 25+ years ago. Is your on a yellowish/tan paper stock? I think the only digital ones are those from people like us who have scanned them just for that purpose, but I can see that changing eventually as everything else is going that way.
Yep that's the one. I scanned it in case I needed it for anything but I never did.

jalanjalan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jalanjalan » Thu, 30 Mar 2023 9:42 pm

Friedliver wrote:
Thu, 30 Mar 2023 12:04 pm
Hi yes I got it like 6-7 years ago but not sure if I still have the piece of paper. Anywhere to get a replacement?

Ask ICA if they can send you a copy? yours is not as ancient as mine so maybe they have digitised it.

jerrywilliams

Post by jerrywilliams » Thu, 09 Nov 2023 4:43 am

Were you able to find it?

jerrywilliams

Post by jerrywilliams » Tue, 14 Nov 2023 8:05 pm

Were you able to find the permit? And what about the arrival card for Singapore https://sgarrivalcard.sg/ , is it still required? How far in advance should i do that? Would really appreciate some advices guys. Cheers.