Singapore Expats

ChatGPT calculates your PR Probability!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: ChatGPT calculates your PR Probability!

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 19 Mar 2023 10:13 pm

malcontent wrote:
Fri, 17 Mar 2023 9:27 pm
PNGMK wrote:
Thu, 16 Mar 2023 12:03 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 16 Mar 2023 11:50 am
Sadly in the Singapore context it is virtually worthless if it doesn't take into consideration race/ethnicity and age & fertility because we all know Singapore also uses immigration to bolster it's (in it's eyes) ideal demographic percentages and future NS needs. Good for discussion but please don't put your hopes into it. Still needs a lot of work how to factor moving goalposts into it in the SG context.
This is the risk of putting bounds on AI systems. I just know we will see giant stuff ups which will come down to "Well, I put the answer from ChatGPT in and that should be right yes?".
Where I do see major potential for AI is in the call center space. Just a call to DBS… the stress of trying to navigate their endless cryptic menus is enough to shorten my lifespan. Imagine being able to call up and you can just utter a few words about why you are calling — and it can just take you there immediately.

Of course, when it comes to credit card annual fee waivers, they have an interest in burying that particular menu deeper than deep… and that seems to be what they do.
There are many large companies doing this already but with very poor results. AA for example has a digital call center where you call in and explain your problem. You have to be very clear and speak very slowly, and even so the machine asks you the same questions over and over. Not very helpful.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 19 Mar 2023 10:16 pm

abbby wrote:
Thu, 16 Mar 2023 8:45 am
Not too bad! Been marveling at how it can help one's work as well..
Microsoft just launched their AI tool called copilot which helps with Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word. It can draft proposals, create PowerPoint's, take notes during video meetings, and come up with a list of takeaways all within a couple seconds, and with a couple easy prompts.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 19 Mar 2023 10:22 pm

Sadly in the Singapore context it is virtually worthless if it doesn't take into consideration race/ethnicity and age & fertility because we all know Singapore also uses immigration to bolster it's (in it's eyes) ideal demographic percentages and future NS needs. Good for discussion but please don't put your hopes into it. Still needs a lot of work how to factor moving goalposts into it in the SG context.
One thing about artificial intelligence that's really interesting is its ability to learn and retain information. I believe that over time the answer would become more accurate.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Mon, 20 Mar 2023 12:21 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 19 Mar 2023 10:22 pm
One thing about artificial intelligence that's really interesting is its ability to learn and retain information. I believe that over time the answer would become more accurate.
I don’t know how ChatGPT works, but it is no secret that ethnic stability of the nation & cultural affinity of immigrants are key considerations - this has been stated publicly and the information is on the internet.

Child bearing potential might be a little trickier… I guess that would have to be inferred from concerns about the low birth rate here and cross-referenced with ideal child bearing ages.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Mon, 20 Mar 2023 12:35 pm

AI works based on learning patterns of input = output. Feed AI garbage input, it’ll give garbage output.

Without ICA to give the input of numerous applications to ChatGPT, this program is probably gathering data from online forums/websites and spewing out a “guesstimate”.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 20 Mar 2023 12:59 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Mon, 20 Mar 2023 12:35 pm
AI works based on learning patterns of input = output. Feed AI garbage input, it’ll give garbage output.

Without ICA to give the input of numerous applications to ChatGPT, this program is probably gathering data from online forums/websites and spewing out a “guesstimate”.
My first thought was that it is trawling through this forum. But there is some woke piece of code which then filters out reference to race or nationality :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Mar 2023 1:31 am

:lol: :lol: :cool: This! ^^^^^^
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 21 Mar 2023 2:58 am

malcontent wrote:
Mon, 20 Mar 2023 12:21 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 19 Mar 2023 10:22 pm
I don’t know how ChatGPT works, but it is no secret that ethnic stability of the nation & cultural affinity of immigrants are key considerations - this has been stated publicly and the information is on the internet.

Child bearing potential might be a little trickier… I guess that would have to be inferred from concerns about the low birth rate here and cross-referenced with ideal child bearing ages.
I believe it works to produce an answer based on information given in the prompts and information that has been supplied previously along with what is gathered over the Internet.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 21 Mar 2023 2:59 am

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 20 Mar 2023 12:59 pm
MOCHS wrote:

My first thought was that it is trawling through this forum. But there is some woke piece of code which then filters out reference to race or nationality :D
The forum is probably one of the richest, most informative resources out there, so I wouldn't be surprised. So it might be tough for the AI to sift through the thousands and thousands of posts.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 21 Mar 2023 3:01 am

MOCHS wrote:

Agree, that's a good way to put it. Although I believe that even without referencing actual applications, the software is able to produce a pretty good, albeit general answer.