Singapore Expats

Providing new information to a pending PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ahamedmoosa.s

Providing new information to a pending PR application

Post by ahamedmoosa.s » Mon, 20 Feb 2023 9:20 am

Hi

I am an indian national , 34 years old. I am working in Singapore since Oct 2011.
I have completed my masters degree part time in NUS in 2018. I am currently working as a data analyst.
I am married and I have 2 kids. 7 years old girl and 2 months old. Wife is not working.
This is my 5th PR application and at the time of submission , we were not expecting baby. However, In the mean time while we are waiting for the outcome of the application our boy is born.
My question is , should I have to update my application about the birth of our boy or do ICA knew it anyway?
Thanks in advance for your helpful advise.
by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 25 Feb 2023 2:46 am
In theory it is how it is supposed to work, but you still have to sign a document at ICA giving them permission to contact certain other ministries. Having said that, with the overload I doubt unless they were given a heads up it would happen unless a query was raised. Especially with the overload they've had for the past 3.5 years. I think the only thing that is universally shared without a query across all ministries is the information that is on your NRIC (your name, DOB, address and NRIC number. That's why it only required to go to the local NP post and they will change your address and it will automatically be propagated to all other ministries
Go to full post

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Re: Providing new information to a pending PR application

Post by Ignorant1 » Mon, 20 Feb 2023 10:28 am

ahamedmoosa.s wrote:
Mon, 20 Feb 2023 9:20 am
Hi

I am an indian national , 34 years old. I am working in Singapore since Oct 2011.
I have completed my masters degree part time in NUS in 2018. I am currently working as a data analyst.
I am married and I have 2 kids. 7 years old girl and 2 months old. Wife is not working.
This is my 5th PR application and at the time of submission , we were not expecting baby. However, In the mean time while we are waiting for the outcome of the application our boy is born.
My question is , should I have to update my application about the birth of our boy or do ICA knew it anyway?
Congrats on the new addition.
ICA asks you update them should there be a change in particulars and you should.

They will advise you subsequently what needs to be do one.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 22 Feb 2023 12:28 am

ahamedmoosa.s wrote:
Mon, 20 Feb 2023 9:20 am
Hi

If the birth was registered in SG I believe the ICA would know about it. They'll ask you if they need anything.

ahamedmoosa.s

Post by ahamedmoosa.s » Fri, 24 Feb 2023 1:08 pm

Thanks for your replies.
Baby was born in singapore and therefore as per your suggestion , I shall provide more info if ICA asks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 Feb 2023 8:18 pm

I have to disagree. Why would ICA be automatically informed of the birth of the child (in regards to a PR application). Why would ICA send a query to MOH to find out out of happenstance if a baby might have been born to a couple of PR applicants?

By all means notify them of the new addition and the gender as well. Don't wait on interoffice memo's from the various ministries about things they were not expecting. They have all they can do to with what is on their desks currently.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 25 Feb 2023 12:44 am

ahamedmoosa.s wrote:
Fri, 24 Feb 2023 1:08 pm
Thanks for your replies.
Baby was born in singapore and therefore as per your suggestion , I shall provide more info if ICA asks.
I still maintain that I believe the ICA would know, but if you want to be safe, you can always email them to make sure.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 25 Feb 2023 12:44 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 24 Feb 2023 8:18 pm
I have to disagree. Why would ICA be automatically informed of the birth of the child (in regards to a PR application). Why would ICA send a query to MOH to find out out of happenstance if a baby might have been born to a couple of PR applicants?

By all means notify them of the new addition and the gender as well. Don't wait on interoffice memo's from the various ministries about things they were not expecting. They have all they can do to with what is on their desks currently.
Doesn't the government keep all this information on a centralized database? Though each branch operates as a separate entity, there are many overlaps, so they would need to share information.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 25 Feb 2023 2:46 am

In theory it is how it is supposed to work, but you still have to sign a document at ICA giving them permission to contact certain other ministries. Having said that, with the overload I doubt unless they were given a heads up it would happen unless a query was raised. Especially with the overload they've had for the past 3.5 years. I think the only thing that is universally shared without a query across all ministries is the information that is on your NRIC (your name, DOB, address and NRIC number. That's why it only required to go to the local NP post and they will change your address and it will automatically be propagated to all other ministries
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 26 Feb 2023 1:30 am

Fair enough. Whether they know or not, if it's important enough to you, you should raise it to ICA yourself.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sun, 26 Feb 2023 5:14 pm

you’ve kinda applied once every 2 years. the sg gov thanks you for your contribution to nation building.

but seriously, bit much init.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

ahamedmoosa.s

Post by ahamedmoosa.s » Tue, 28 Feb 2023 6:14 pm

Well , I can infer many useful tips from the conversations and thanks for that.
My baby boy's birth certificate was issued by ICA (It has ICA's logo on it). So I assume they are aware if they can issue a birth certificate.
Nevertheless, I agree to what you all have agreed.
I will send an email to them about the new addition to our family.

ahamedmoosa.s

Post by ahamedmoosa.s » Tue, 28 Feb 2023 6:15 pm

Well , I can infer many useful tips from the conversations and thanks for that.
My baby boy's birth certificate was issued by ICA (It has ICA's logo on it). So I assume they are aware if they can issue a birth certificate.
Nevertheless, I agree to what you all have agreed.
I will send an email to them about the new addition to our family.

ahamedmoosa.s

Post by ahamedmoosa.s » Tue, 28 Feb 2023 6:19 pm

taxico wrote:
Sun, 26 Feb 2023 5:14 pm
you’ve kinda applied once every 2 years. the sg gov thanks you for your contribution to nation building.

Well I first applied on 2015 after the birth of my first child and from there onwards I am persisting after every rejection with a hope that I can call singapore my home someday :)
I hope SG govt notices my consistency

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 28 Feb 2023 7:53 pm

ahamedmoosa.s wrote:
Tue, 28 Feb 2023 6:19 pm
taxico wrote:
Sun, 26 Feb 2023 5:14 pm

Well I first applied on 2015 after the birth of my first child and from there onwards I am persisting after every rejection with a hope that I can call singapore my home someday :)
I hope SG govt notices my consistency
They well, plus considering the fact that you've improved your profile between each application your chances will have increased.

simple_guy
Regular
Regular

Post by simple_guy » Wed, 01 Mar 2023 5:41 am

I think the waiting time after the upload options are missing is worse. Hope it is worth! Wish me good luck please :)!